Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm getting very angry!

Ok y'all! I'm venting! Watch out!
It all started when Mr. Hunt and I were looking to buy a house. We knew one of the most important things we needed was a fence for the dogs. We didn't really care what kind of fence, just something to keep the dogs in. We found and really liked the neighborhood we are in now and learned that we could build our house and have a brand new one! So the first question we asked was if we could add a fence and include it in with the price of the house so that we didn't have to pay $4,000 out of pocket. They said yes, we were sold! I originally asked for a 6 foot privacy fence but was told that they could only do 5 foot.
The house was built, the fence was built, we were happy.
Out of the blue we got a notice in the mail saying that our fence didn't follow the HOA rules. No privacy fences. We were so confused! We went back to the builder and they were confused too! You would think they would know the rules if the knew that it could only be 5 feet!
Mr. Hunt went to court last July and they approved our fence. They signed and noted "approved" on the form and didn't say anything else!
Now, a whole year later, we get another notice for another court date! I called the HOA and they informed me that they approved it for a shadow box fence not a privacy fence. WHAT??!? When did this happen?
So now all they can say is that they suggest we go back to our builder and have them fix it. Well guess what? They are closed today and tomorrow! So now I have to sit in anger until Thursday.
You want to know the kicker? They want it fixed before Aug 30 or we have to pay $100 a day! Did you remember that my wedding is in ONE MONTH? I do not have time for this crap!
Mr. Hunt or I did NOTHING wrong. We don't get the HOA rules until we move in and our fence was already up! Now we have to deal with this at the most stressful time! All I know is that the builders are paying for it, I'm not paying anything, not even the $100 per day if it isn't up in time! I refuse! This isn't our fault what so ever!
Even if the builders agree to fix it, my newly planted grass is going to be ruined and there is going to be red dirt everywhere! I want to cry!
Is this enough for you? I'm done now, still angry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting