Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Couponing

I have given in and tried the couponing out. Let me tell you, I'm hooked!
No, I'm not the crazy people you see on TV, but I'm definitely saving us some money.
First things first, you CANT be brand specific or brand picky, just get what's on sale.
I shop right now at Target (they don't have much), CVS (you can get some amazing deals here, if you go the first day the sales are out, otherwise everything is gone), Rite Aid (awesome deals), Harris Teeter (doubles coupons up to .99 and also has super doubles sometimes, love this!), and Bi-Lo (doubles up to .60). Don't worry, I'm not driving all around town wasting gas, all of these stores are all in one area, it's great!
My last rule for myself is not to buy anything we won't use. I've done very good with this. I have been tempted a few times to buy things just because it seemed like a great deal, but stopped myself. Unless it's free, then I'll get it no matter what and I could always give it away. Hey, it was free.
My secret, my guest bathroom cabinets are almost full with soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, tissues, etc. But it feels good knowing that I won't and didn't pay full price for any of it!
The food is a little harder because you have to make sure you buy things that won't go bad if you don't eat it right away. The freezer is coming in handy alot. Otherwise I don't buy it and wait until there is another sale when we need it.
Mr. Hunt took awhile to get used to it, but I think he is good now. He didn't understand why I bought 5 tubes of toothpaste at once when it takes us a few months to go through just one tube. I tried to remind him that instead of paying full price for the tubes when we need them, we got these all at a VERY cheap price now, and won't have to pay later.
I definitely think this will be even better once we have kids and there are more than two of us in the house. I know the furbabies like the couponing because I bring home all sorts of new free treats!
So, this is what I bought yesterday at CVS. This was my best shop so far. Let me remind you, I'm not crazy coupon lady, but this is pretty good for being a "sort of" crazy coupon lady as Mr. Hunt would probably say.



12 rolls of paper towels, 16 rolls of toilet paper, 1 head and shoulders shampoo, three garnier fructis shampoos, three hand soaps, 4 boxes of puffs tissues, and a bag of salt and vinegar chips (not pictured...I was too hungry I had to eat them right away).

SPENT: $29.38
SAVED: $48.83

Plus I still have $3 left to spend at CVS on my next trip. Pretty good huh?

You should try it, it's fun!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You go girl!!! haha :) I see that you finally got your free handsoap! I have that scent in our kitchen right now..I love it!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting