Thursday, November 3, 2011

U-S-C GOOOOO COCKS~

Do you recognize this place?

Ahhh, I love this place. I wish I can be here more often, but it just makes it more special when I am here I guess.
Mr. Hunt and I have only made it to one game this year so far. Well, Mr. Hunt went to the Vandy game with the boys, I stayed home. We went to the Kentucky game together and had great seats. We got tickets from our friend who has season tickets. Their seats are at the top level but are on the first row! Amazing! We had so much fun at the game, and of course we WON!
I really hesitate to say this without knocking on some wood (knock knock) because honestly, every year the gamecocks kinda fall off towards the end (sad but true, if you are a gamecock, you know this). But I have a feeling this year will finally be different. We won the SEC East last year and couldn't beat Auburn for the championship, but this year is going to be different!
We have been doing good so far. We have only lost 1 game (to Auburn again) and we have 4 games left (not including the bowl game or any other games). One of our top players, Marcus Lattimore hurt his knee two and a half weeks ago in the game and so he is out for the rest of the season! I was so sad when I saw him hurt.
One thing that really made me smile though during that time was this...
I actually saw this live on TV. Most of the team, along with coaches and his mom prayed around him on the sidelines. Everyone was scared and concerned for him. Now this is what I call a real team!
I also had to laugh when I heard someone talking on the radio about this. They said, "well we know where Marcus gets his strength and "beastliness" from because his mom had to bust through a few security guards to get onto the field when he got hurt!" I can just see her busting through them like Marcus does on the field.
Mr. Hunt and I have tickets to the Citadel game on November 19th, so we will be back there for that. We are going with my Mom and Dad, Davis (first gamecock football game), Katie, Rachel, and Michael so we should have a good time. Rachel has never been to a college football game, so I'm super excited to show her what all the hype is about. Especially because Williams Brice Stadium and the people in it are ranked pretty high on the "best college football traditions and experience" list.

Love,
Gamecock Footballs #1 FAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting