Monday, November 14, 2011

New Camera Bag

As you all know, Mr. Hunt bought me a wonderful new camera, the Canon Rebel T3. I LOVE IT! Im still getting used to it and I play with it almost everyday. Since this camera is bulky and has other lenses to go with it, I needed a camera bag.
When we were in the store buying the camera, the sales person was trying to get me to by a bag there, and let me just tell you, these things were hideous. As much as I love the camera, I wouldn't take the camera ANYWHERE if I had to carry anything like that. So I passed with hopes to easily find a semi-fashionable one quickly online. Well, no such luck. So my crafty mind decided to make one of my own. Here is goes!




This is the really messy version.
I looked through my closet and found an old purse. I really liked this purse but now with my new purse, I don't use this one anymore. So why not make it into a camera bag? I took 1 inch foam and cut to size, wrapped it with fabric like I was wrapping a gift, using hot glue to secure the pieces in place, and used velcro to attached the foam to the sides of the purse. Perfect bump free secure bag. When I put everything in the bag I realized that I needed one space just for the other lens that Im not using so that it didn't get bumped around or things didn't get thrown onto it. So I cut another piece of foam and did the same thing as the sides.
I have since taken all of the random user guides and extra stuff out of it so it doesnt look as messy as the picture above. Now it just has the camera with one attached lens on in the big section and the computer cord, battery charger, and other lens in the smaller section.
Now I have a styling camera bag that Im not assumed to wear in public. I can also just throw a wallet in there and use it as a purse for the day if I know I will need the camera all day.


Happy Reading,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting