Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Great Deals!

So along with my new love of house decorating and crafts, I also like to save money.
These two things don't usually go together though, if you enjoy decorating your house then you are probably spending a lot of money. Lets face it, it definitely isn't cheap to decorate a house. But I try my best to get great deals when I am shopping.
I originally told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything unless it was on sale. If I saw something that I had to have, I would just wait and keep an eye on it until it went on sale. But lets be real...I can't do that. Some things I just have to get. I know..its bad, but at least I'm telling y'all the truth.
So what I do now, is still try my best to only get things on sale, besides a few things that I just have to have, and then I also coupon which Ive talked about before.
Knowing that I am saving so much money couponing also allows me to not feel AS bad about buying something that isn't on sale.
So here are a few things that I will never feel bad about getting:
Any sort of storage which would include baskets, jars, bags, vases, storage boxes, etc. The best way for me to stay organized is to group things with like items and put them into containers. This way all like things are together, but also everything has a home, which is definitely the number one must for staying organized. EVERYTHING NEEDS A HOME. Everyone in the house will know where each thing goes, and essentially you will then be organized.
I also don't feel guilty about buying anything clear or white. Anything glass or acrylic or plastic (nice plastic of course) that is clear, will go good in any room and any color pallets. Same with white or even off white or cream. These things can be transferred from room to room without ruining your color scheme.
With this said, the best things are clear or white storage! Get it? So if you are ever looking for a gift for me, I will always take those sort of things. Oh, and while we are on the subject of gifts, I also have a new love for any ceramic animal and anything owl, or a ceramic owl? Funny I know, but its a new thing.
So, I went shopping the other day and got some very good deals and I wanted to share them with you to show you that if you are patient you can get some good deals.
The first place I went was Rite Aid. They have a program there that allows you to collect what they call "UP REWARDS." If you buy an item that advertises the up rewards, after you buy that item, the amount of the up rewards will print on the receipt. So next time you go to Rite Aid, you can spend that money. Its like a gift card. The kicker is that you usually have to use it within that week or it expires.
I got the three tubes of toothpaste shown below.
The toothpaste was originally $4.90 each
It was on sale for $3.50 each with an "up reward" of $3.50. So essentially it will be free!
I had three coupons, 2 were for $1 off and one was for $0.50 off.
I did two transactions in order to get a good deal.
Transaction #1:
One tube of toothpaste=$3.50+tax - $1.00 coupon = $2.55 and then a $3.50 up reward printed on the receipt
Transaction #2:
Two tubes of toothpaste = $7.00+tax - $1.00 coupon - $0.50 coupon - $3.50 printed up reward = $2.71 and then $7.00 up rewards printed on the receipt.

SO.....TOTAL SPENT for 3 tubes was $5.26 and I still have $7.00 to spent within the week. I think I can handle that. I MADE MONEY HERE Y'ALL!

The next place I went was Target. I didn't originally go there to get any deals, but I can't ever go to Target and not look through the home decor and storage section and you can always find something.
I got:
The purple vase/jar for 50% off. It was originally $14 and I got it for $7. I am planning on spray painting it white.
The three blue frames for $1.00 from the dollar section. Don't ever go to Target without looking through the dollar section. There are always some good deals in there. I have gotten a few little baskets from there and now these three frames. The blue is very pretty, but I can always paint them too. I haven't decided what to do with them yet, but for $1.00 they can sit there until I figure it out and I won't feel guilty.
The square and round glass bowls were $0.99 each. They weren't on sale, but for $0.99 I couldn't pass up the clear storage. I have already used one of them which you will see soon. I may even go back and get more just to have handy.
Lastly is the candle holder. It was $4.00! Great deal, and its holding one of my scrappy pumpkins that I made this year. They are on the mantle, looking good.

So there you have it. I spent a total of about $19.00 for everything below and I still have $7.00 to spend for free which technically means I spent about $12.00! Yes, I'm happy with this.


Now, go out and get your own good deals...hurry! Or don't hurry and be patient for that one thing you really want. It will go on sale eventually.

Love,
This frugal gal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting