Monday, November 7, 2011

Im Thankful Part III

Now for those awesome parents of ours.
I am so lucky to have great parents and in laws. I'm not sure how people can make it in life not getting along with their parents or in laws....I don't even want to think about it.

Mom and Dad Taylor: My wonderful parents. They really are awesome. I took for granted when I was little having a mom and dad that got along and loved each other every single day. Little did I know that they were showing me how a marriage should be because now I strive for my marriage to be the same way. Funny how that happens huh? Anyway, they both busted their butts for our wedding. Knowing that I am their only girl, they made sure that we went all out (as much as we could of course). My dad spent hours and hours making different signs for the reception and the huge "H" that we had on the mantle. He is so crafty and handy, I knew he would do a great job, but he went overboard. My favorite one is the "Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Hunt" that we had on the party's table. I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it in our house. My dad also did a lot of last minute running around. Being that we had our reception on a plantation outside, there wasn't a certain caterer or decorator, we had to do everything ourselves. We even had to go to the liquor store ourselves and figure out how much of everything we thought we would need, and that is what my dad did, along with a lot of other things.






My mom.....WOW...where do I start? Well Ill just say this, she planned the WHOLE THING! I had some ideas and shared them with her, but she really had all the good ideas and planned everything. It does help that that is what she does for a living. Also, we were lucky that we had the same vision for the wedding and reception as far as the decor and "theme." We didn't really discuss it, we just kinda went with what we both liked and luckily, it was all the same things. My mom planned every decor idea down to the table setting center pieces, then she would show it to me or explain it and I would tell her if I liked it or not. There was nothing that I didn't like. How easy was that? My mom was also the one who helped me to stay calm and focused. She constantly reminded me that this was all about Mr. Hunt and I and the vows we were taking, not the decor. She wanted me to be thinking about those things while she planned the other stuff. It worked out great and I wouldn't have changed a thing that she planned. I actually struggle daily thinking of ways that I could ever thank her for making my day PERFECT! I'm so so lucky to have a mom like her.
I couldn't do this post without also thanking my Grandpa and Grandma though. They really helped out a lot with the cost of the wedding. They bought my wedding dress for me, and helped my parents pay for most of the wedding. So in reality, the wedding wouldn't have happened without them either.


Mom and Dad Hunt: My new in laws. I love them. They are so great. The rehearsal dinner that they put on was amazing. Almost everyone came up to me and Mr. Hunt and said "we have never been to such an amazing rehearsal dinner before." Let me just put it this way, it was like another reception. They rented a beautiful place on the water called Window on the Waterway. They had a beautiful set up with pretty "seashore" centerpieces, yummy food, my favorite mascot Cocky, and an amazing grooms cake. I think most people's favorite part of the night was Boss Hunt's speech, it was amusing for sure. I have a good video of it that I will share on here soon. But more important than anything else was that they were so supportive throughout all of the planning. They were always making sure that everything was going smoothly, asking if we needed any help, and much more. I couldn't ask for better in laws. My favorite is that Boss Hunt knows how much I love chocolate and he always has some ready for me when we go over to their house....and they almost always have some on hand if we show up unexpected too. Kaki has been so great with helping me start all of my crafts, especially since she bought me my first sewing machine that I haven't really put up yet...I can't get off of it. She is always giving me such great ideas and she takes me to the craft stores new her house since I don't have any near me. Now doesn't that sound like great in laws? Well they are, Ill tell you that.




Thank you Mom and Dad Taylor, Mom and Dad Hunt, and Grandma and Grandpa for allowing Mr. Hunt and I's wedding dream come true. It really was a weekend of greatness, something more than we ever expected. We are very lucky to have such great parents that we can tell anything to and feel safe. We won't ever be able to pay you back for everything you have given us our whole lives, but please know that nothing you do for us goes unnoticed. We are very grateful! We love you very much!

OK.....enough with the mushiness right? Remember that blog that featured our wedding on Halloween? alowcountrywedding.blogspot.com? Well Erin (blog writer) just emailed me to tell me that she is STILL getting comments on that post. So I went on over to check out the comments and I cried. Strangers wrote about how great our wedding day looked and how cute we were. Do you know how I felt when I read that? I thought I was going to fall out of my chair. Go on back and read some nice comments, and maybe write one of your own. hehe


Love,
One lucky daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting