Monday, November 21, 2011

Carolina vs. Citadel

The big was finally here! Well, big for us because he had been waiting for this game pretty much all season. We have been wanting to get everyone to go to a game together, but by the time all the wedding craziness finally died down, there were only a few more home games left. This one was the cheapest one that we could attend.
It was also big because this was Davis' first game and also Rachel's first college football game experience. We had a lot to live up to since Gamecock Football is pretty much all Mr. Hunt and I talk about during the season and I think they understood why when we left. Well, I know Davis did at least. We did tell them that the other conference games are obviously WAY more exciting, but this was a good starter game.
The game was at noon so we tailgated for a short time before the game, eating fried chicken, subs, and snacks.






The matching couple.

LOVE this boy!

Then we rushed into the game so that we could watch the big pre game show. I swear I tear up almost every time I see it. I think because I used to be on the field and I am such a big fan. I just get so excited and happy to be surrounded by people who feel the same way as me about the Gamecocks. Is that weird? Well, I don't care.


The half time show was a tear jerker too! They had a veterans day halftime show so that probably explains it right there. They had a moment of silence and I have never heard the stadium so silent before, we could have heard a pin drop!


We won the game and one of the best parts was when Alshon caught a touchdown pass with one hand as he was on the edge of the sideline! Wooooooo!!!!!
All in all it was a great day. As we were leaving the stadium my dad said "Its like every time we come to a game, we think, Man we wish we could come to more of these!" I totally agree. If it were up to me, I would go to EVERY Carolina home game. Maybe one day....maybe.



U-S-C GOOOOO COCKS!

PS: An update from the last gamecock football post. I knew I shouldn't have said anything about us doing so well....we lost the game that weekend. I promise, that's what always happens with my team. Therefore, I won't be mentioning what will be happening this coming Saturday, Ill post afterwards! :)

Love,
Gamecock FAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting