Saturday, November 5, 2011

Im Thankful

I was going through some of our wedding pictures today (which I will post some soon on here) and started to think about how thankful I am for a lot of people in my life.
Let me first start by saying this...If you have already been married, then you probably feel this same way.
-Choose your wedding party wisely. These people will be in all of your pictures that you will look at for the rest of your life.
I am happy to say that I am more than happy with my choices for our wedding party (well Mr. Hunt picked the groomsmen of course, but I'm very happy with his selection too). I know you are probably thinking that I would never write on here if I regretted anything about my wedding party, but I just wouldn't have written this post in that case.

Katie, where the heck are you!?? And no, Cocky wasn't in the wedding.

Lets get to know these special people a little more shall we? I won't go into too much detail as many of you probably have already read my wedding website where I wrote about each person there too. These people are so great though, they deserve a blog shout out.
We will start with my lovely ladies.
First up!
Katie Hunt: Besides being my brand new sister, she is a best friend too. Really! We text each other and call each other all the time. Whenever we are together or talking on the phone, its non stop laughs. That's the way I like it. I am so happy that she will be in my life for sure for the rest of my life. We will grow old together just like Mr. Hunt and I will. She will be the Aunt to our littles, and much much more. And to top it off, she reads the little blog! That's a good person in my eyes! Love you Sis!

Rachel Hunt: This is my other new sister! YAY! She is married to Mr. Hunt's twin brother Michael. We also work together and sit two rows down from each other. We see each other every single week day and most weekend ends, so we have learned a lot about each other in the last year...to say the least. This is my favorite picture of her and I. This is actually on my birthday about 4 years ago when we went to the Panthers/Saints game with her and Michael. I didn't know Rachel that well, but this game sticks out in my mind as the day that we really got to know each other and became friends. Now we are sisters...look at that!

Kelly Maxwell: Me and Kelly go way back....to my 7th grade year and her 6th grade year. Kelly is definitely one of my best friends. Her and I were the besets of friends back in the day. We would spend hours and hours over at each others house, sleepovers, dying hair, dressing alike, and most importantly dance practice. We were this close (imagine my fingers crossed) throughout high school too. I love this girl! When I went to college we grew apart a little, but we never lost touch. I think that if you can go a few months without really talking, and catch up like you missed nothing, then that is a true friend. I was honored to be in her wedding and then she was in mine. I will post later about her amazing blog, kellyandbradmaxwell.blogspot.com, but for now I will leave you with this. Every time I read her blog, I can't help but think that we are becoming more and more alike. We love all the same things (more on this later).

Adrienne Cunningham: One of my pretty maids of honor....and she deserved it. Adrienne and I have talked about this before, but it is so true-the second we said hi to each other our freshman year of college, we were best friends. I kid you not. It was magic! Adrienne and I went to the same high school, but never hung out with each other then. When I found out that she lived just two doors down from me in our freshman dorm, I was just excited to know someone, so I went to say hi, and it was history from there. It probably helped that I was on the dance team and she was not the cheer leading team, so we had the same (somewhat) schedules and love for dance. Man, I really love this girl. She is amazing! We can still to this day finish each others sentences and laugh for hours on end about stuff only we think is funny. I wish everyday that we lived closer to each other.

Tatiana Barber: Another one of my beautiful maids of honor. Tatiana and I also go WAY back. We used to hang out in preschool when she would sneak home with her "sister (they might as well be)" Brandy. We became bestest friends in middle school again when she joined the dance team. I love her because we can be so silly together and we have so much fun. She is the most caring person I have ever met, and I know that I can tell her anything. I hate that I live so far away from these girls, but I feel comfortable knowing that we are still best friends even tough we don't see each other everyday like we used to.

Brandy Bartlett: Last but NOT least another one of my maids of honor. Brandy and I went to preschool together. I have many pictures of her and I at age 4 including our graduation day from preschool where Brandy looked pretty sad! haha. Anyway, we became really good friends again in middle school and high school through Tatiana. I was so busy then with school, dance, teaching dance, a boyfriend, and working that I never really had extra time to do anything, so most of our time was spent hanging out during school hours in class, but I knew she was a great friend. When we headed to college our love for each other sprouted (haha). She is the best friend every person wants. She is FUNNY, silly, loving, always happy, etc. I could go on and on. I could sit for hours and listen to her sing. One because she has a good voice, and two because I laugh by butt off when she sings the wrong words (which is almost always). It was hard for me to pick a great picture of us because we are notorious for taking pictures together. I might have over 1,000 pictures of just us two and that's not an exaggeration. Most are hilarious, but I tried to find and good serious, newer one.

 I said somewhat serious..didn't I? I love you Brandy. Oh, and I love love love her precious little baby Cameron who just turned three months old a few days ago. I proudly known as Aunt Jen...and that makes me smile.

So that's it for my wonderful ladies, check back for those manly men tomorrow.

Love,
One Lucky Girl with 6 BEST GIRL FRIENDS~



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Awww Jennifer! This post made me cry! Thank-you for being such a great friend! I'm SO glad I got to be a part of your special day! Love you girl!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting