Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving a little late! Mr. Hunt and I had a great Thanksgiving weekend filled with family, a wedding, and traveling which explains why I'm a little behind.
On Thanksgiving day, Mr. Hunt and I spent our morning and early afternoon at his parents house.


We had so many snacks while we hung out with our family. We also goofed off in the kitchen!




We had yummy mimosas and watched Katie make some peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses on top. Mr. Hunt tried to shoot the champagne top all the way across the backyard, but it didn't make it far enough. Then Mr. Hunt and our family friend Micheal Butler had a "moment" sharing a drink of champagne.

Then Mr. Hunt had a "great idea." If you don't know Mr. Hunt that well then you might not know, but Mr. Hunt loves to make up crazy ideas, and this was NO exception. Boss Hunt was out in the backyard smoking one turkey and frying another one. Mr. Hunt decided that he wanted to try to smoke a peanut butter cookie. So he plopped a blob of cookie dough on tinfoil and threw it into the smoker. After checking on it 5 or 6 different times, it was finally "done." It turned out to be the nastiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. Actually, I'm not even sure why I tried it, but it tasted like a melted zip lock bag. We won't ever be doing that again, but don't those men look like they are having a great time drinking their mimosas and smoking a cookie?
At about 3pm we headed over to Michael and Rachel's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Rachel's whole family was there also. We had some very yummy food and I enjoyed playing with their new addition, Scooter.


Although I missed my side of the family very much, I had a great Thanksgiving.
Here is a very small list of what I am thankful for this year
1. God, because without him I wouldn't have anything else to be thankful for
2. My Husband, Mr. Hunt
3. My Parents
4. My New In Laws
5. My siblings, old and new
6. My Fur Babies
7. My job
8. My House
9. My Friends
10. My amazing life in general

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and you were able to reflect on the things that you have a be grateful for everything.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting