Sunday, November 6, 2011

Im Thankful Part II

I talked yesterday about how thankful I was for those special girls that were in my wedding, now its time to talk about those men.
I originally was going to post about what they meant to Mr. Hunt since he was the one to ultimately choose them for his wedding party, but this is MY blog, and I don't want to put words in Mr. Hunt's mouth. Also, unlike alot of other weddings that I have witnessed, each one of these boys mean something special to me too, and that is awesome.
Let me stop rambling and tell you why here

Michael Hunt: Duh, he is my new brother in law. He is also Mr. Hunt's twin brother. You know how people say that twins have this "special" bond? Well they are no different. They really do have one. They might have not always got along while growing up, they might like different things and have different opinions, but they are still best friends. How could they not be? If you were to ask Mr. Hunt who is best friend is, he would say me....but if you ask who his best guy friend is, he would, without hesitation, say Michael. Enough about them though, I'm supposed to explain why he means something to me. Well that is easy, he makes Mr. Hunt who he is, and that is the man I love. I'm thankful for him that if Mr. Hunt ever needs a guy's opinion or a guy to talk to, he has someone without a doubt! Also, Michael and I have this special bond too. We are a lot alike. I'm not sure if he has ever noticed, but I sure have. They say opposites attract, so listen to this. I truly believe that Mr. Hunt and Rachel are a lot alike, and me and Michael are a lot alike. Weird? I think so. Also, listen to this (you have to say the names out loud). Christopher and Jennifer (they rhyme). Rachel and Michael (they rhyme). Well that didn't have to do with anything, I just think its cool. Love you brother! Ps. We are pretty good dance partners if I do say so myself.

Dylan Taylor: Well this is easy. My (real) brother. What more is there to say. Ever since the first day I set eyes on him when I was 4 years old, I have loved this boy. He is my best friend, I can call him for anything and vice versa. I don't think we ever have got into a fight. Maybe something over toys when we were little, but nothing major. I think God each and every day for my two brothers. I'm not sure I would be the same person without them.

Davis Taylor: My little brother. Being 10 years apart actually brings us closer than ever. I was so excited when my mom told us that she was pregnant again when I was 9 years old. I remember the day when we sat at the dinner table and instead of our normal routine at dinner (go around the table and talk about our days), we tried to think of names for our new baby brother. I thought of McCormick, I'm pretty sure that I was reading the labels on the items on the dinner table, but naming him after a spice sounded cool. Once he was born and his name was Davis, I quickly gave him the nickname Moose, named after my favorite pie, chocolate moose pie. See how fun it is to have a little brother who is much younger? Now he has a bunch of cool nicknames. McCormick, Moose, Baby, Buster, etc. Now he is growing so much that people think Dylan is the oldest, Davis is the middle child, and I'm the youngest. Oh geez!

Hunter Miller: Since Hunter was Mr. Hunts roommate throughout all of college, it was a no brainer that we became great friends. We kind of had to. He was and is such a great friend to Mr. Hunt and his laugh is very contagious. Before Mr. Hunt and I were even dating, I used to ask Hunter if Mr. Hunt liked me. I was trying to get the inside scoop and Hunter always gave it to me, and if he didn't know the answer, then he tried to find it out. Now that's a great friend. Its safe to say that Hunter has been there since the beginning. Hunter made Mr. Hunt and I's first kiss happen. He knew we liked each other and one night while playing truth or dare on a slow night, he dared Mr. Hunt to kiss me. Then it was history from there. Thanks Hunter!

Haydn Campbell: Haydn is and always will be part of the family. He was there throughout Mr. Hunt and I's whole relationship. I first became fiends with Haydn my freshman year of college, way before I met Mr. Hunt. He was in one of Adrienne's classes and then we started to hang out with him. We always felt safe going out with Haydn because he took care of us little ones (we were pretty young back then). Haydn also became friends with Mr. Hunt freshman year, so imagine that? He was friends with us both before we even knew each other. Now that is interesting. Haydn and I spent one Thanksgiving with the Hunts and that is where he really became part of the family. I can trust Haydn with anything, he is awesome!

Michael Lippard: I met Michael through Mr. Hunt our sophomore year. He was roommates with him and so we all hung out together. Mike is awesome. He is caring and funny. I remember one summer while they were still roommates, he and I went to see Haydn at Kinkos where Haydn worked and we had Haydn take a picture of us and blow it up on poster board. We hurried back to the apartment and hung it up on Mr. Hunt's ceiling and then waited for him to get home. Once Mr. Hunt saw it, he laughed and he ended up keeping it up there for the rest of the year. Every time he went to sleep, he would look up at us! haha

So there you have it, our wedding party! Stay tuned for a parent shout out, the wedding wouldn't have even happened without them.


Yours Truly,
Luckiest girl alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting