Monday, March 19, 2012

What I've Learned

Ive learned a WHOLE LOT about myself in the past few weeks. Its funny how BIG changes can open your eyes to who you really are. Some things I learned were good, some not so good.
The biggest thing is that I think I'm claustrophobic. I really do. The first time I realized this was when I had to fly by myself to Austin to meet Mr. Hunt on his birthday. I was so anxious and I had anxiety. It was bad. I was never like this when flying with other people because they could keep my mind off of things. The reason I think I'm claustrophobic is because I'm not scared of the plane or the flying itself, I'm not. I realized that its the close quarters that you have with others while on a plane. All those people coughing, blowing their nose, and strangers sitting so close to you that their legs are touching yours its what I was freaking out about. I felt like I needed to hold my breath the whole flight. I was counting down the minutes until I was off that plane. Then on the 20 hour drive down here, I was thinking about how I HATE driving and riding. Again, I think its because I am stuck in the car all squished up and not comfortable.

Ive also learned that I am a organization freak. Not to be confused with clean freak. Sadly, I can let the carpet go a week without vacuuming, but if something is not in its designated space, it bothers me. Ive only realized this while unpacking the boxes. Ive started to designate spots for everything and these spots are obviously new to Mr. Hunt. So when he would get home, I would go through all the rooms showing him where everything is and where everything is supposed to go.....like a crazy person. He sure did look at me like I was crazy, but since he loves me, he went with it.

Lastly, Ive reassured what I already knew and that is that I LOVE my family, and they LOVE us. Immediate family and in-laws....every single one of them. They are all GREAT! I wouldn't have been sane if it weren't for them. Even though they were all sad that we were moving away, they put that aside. They decided to be excited for us, our new adventure, and Mr. Hunt's promotion. They helped with packing, moving, and are still helping with trying to rent our house back in Charlotte. They also just helped us stay calm and reassured us that they love us too. Even if they didn't say the words out loud, we felt it. Cheesy I know, but so true.
So, I'm glad we've done this. I really have learned so much about myself and even a lot about Mr. Hunt and I's relationship. I'm sure there is so much more to learn too.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting