Sunday, March 18, 2012

Puppy Play Time

The fur babies have been very well behaved and are adjusting well to Texas. They absolutely love to sit outside in the backyard in the sun, but they also still love play time with me. This past time I brought the camera out. Here we go!

First they eat and go outside to potty and get ready for "Play Time"


Then River brings in the toy of choice. I'm pretty sure him and Hannah discuss while they are outside which toy they want to play with that day. Then its Rivers duty to start the play time. You will see in the photos that Hannah isn't much of a player, more of a watcher.


Then I try to get the fur babies excited for the activities to come. I get in their faces.....



Then they get confused as to what's in my face and they try to attack the camera


Then they get bored with me not playing yet



Then River gets the itch. That's when I know that he really wants to start playing, and stop taking pictures


Then I throw the toy of choice and they get started. This new house's family room has a big open area for play time.


Then Hannah usually gives up and walks away while River rejoices that he "won" that round


Then like the retriever that he is, he brings it back to me to throw again.


This time Hannah doesn't even try, but River still celebrates with his second win by rolling around on the floor or shaking his head back and forth with the toy in his mouth


Then brings it back again. Do you see the routine? I say "drop" and he drops it in front of me. But stays close and keeps his eye on it in case Hannah comes by to try to steal it


Then I say "lay down" and he does


Then I try some tricks. I put the toy on his hand and say "stay stay stay" and he does! Such a good dog!


Once I say "OK" he quickly grabs it and runs a few laps around the room


and Hannah just watches him like he is crazy


This time when I said "drop" he dropped it on my stomach and sat right down


I threw it right at his mouth so he could catch it. Once again he rolls around celebrating


Finally Hannah wants to join in again.


 She tries to get the toy for a little bit

 She got it!


 And while all this commotion is going on, Mr. Hunt looks like this watching TV. Only sometimes does he get in on the action.


Once River gets the toy back, Hannah decides she is done, and she goes to lay down somewhere....usually next to me.


But River isn't done and he won't let Hannah laying next to me get in the way.

This goes on for about 30 minutes before I decide we are done. River has never quit, I always get tired before he gets the chance to quit. He will try to play more, but if I just ignore him for a few minutes he will finally give up.
We have been trying to have play time before Mr. Hunt gets home so that when he does the fur babies are super tired. Not every play time is the same obviously. Sometimes we just go on a long walk, sometimes play time is out in the backyard, and the toy of choice is always different.
Thank God for my fur babies, they always put a smile on my face.


Love,
"mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting