Monday, March 12, 2012

Unpacking the Truck

First I want to say that I really wanted to share a video that I took of the new house empty explaining each room. Even though when Mr. Hunt watched it, he said it made him sick and that he couldn't see anything the way I was holding the camera, I still wanted to share, it would be fun! But, I'm computer stupid and I can't load the video. I tried everything. I tried uploading it just on this blog like I do pictures, I tried uploading it to my vimeo account (says its too big), and I tried uploading it to YouTube (nothing happens). So, until I have time to sit down and learn how to do that, we will move on. So sorry to burst your bubble. Feel free to leave a comment on how to do any of these things. Thanks.

Anyhoo. Mr. Hunt and I arrived in Cedar Park Texas on Sunday night February 26th. The movers weren't supposed to get here until Tuesday, so I had all day Monday to spend in an empty house. I slept in as much as I could sleep in on a blow up mattress that had lost most of its air during the night. Then I got up to meet the car transport guy and pick up Mr. Hunt's car. Thankfully he came at a decent time because I didn't even have a car to drive. Once I had the car, I spent most of my day out exploring, shopping, and using Starbucks wifi. 
On Tuesday I woke up and it felt like Christmas Morning. Our furniture and all of our stuff was arriving shortly. The movers came in and I showed them around the house and then they didn't waste anytime and started to unpack the truck. 
Boxes and boxes and boxes kept coming in. It seemed like there were a lot more boxes on this end, but its probably because this is a smaller house. Then it was time for the pull out couch to go into the "guest room." We decided to bring that couch instead of the guest pom furniture we had because I also wanted that room to be a craft/office room. I figured it would be nice to have more room in there when we didn't have guests and just have the couch there. Then when we had guests, we could pull the bed out. Well, my dreams were shot down when he movers told me that the door was way too skinny to fit the couch in. You should have seen me, I probably looked like a deflating balloon that someone poked with a needle. I even begged them to try to fit it through the window. The laughed at me...out loud. Now what? We just got that couch too....and I loved it. I walked around the house about three times looking for a spot to put it and came up with nothing. I decided that I just needed to put it on craigslist, hopefully sell it, and use the money to buy a real bed....and quick because we are having guest very soon.
Thankfully that was the only bad thing that happened. That and the fact that once they left, all I could see were boxes. It wasn't a pretty site. I started the day feeling so excited and happy, and by the time I went to bed I was feeling helpless, stressed, and so overwhelmed. 

Below is the entrance of the house and the dining room to the right.


This is also the dining room.


This is the family room and the kitchen to the right. We couldn't even get into the kitchen.


This is the view into the kitchen where we were boxed out (literally).


This is the guest room.


The master bath.


The master closet.


There were so many boxes, we couldn't really function. So when Mr. Hunt got home from work, we really had no choice but to go out to dinner, come home, lay in bed and put a movie on (since we didn't have cable either). The next day, I would tackle the boxes (literally).


Love,
movin gal

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey I know how to upload a vid if you don't figure it out by Friday, I can show you in person:)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting