Thursday, March 29, 2012

Im Giddy

When I stepped out into the backyard yesterday to play with the fur babies for a little while, I suddenly turned into a shrieking, jumping up and down, clapping my hands, and talking to myself kind of person. It would have been embarrassing if anyone saw me, but once I got back to my normal self, I looked around and didn't see anyone so I think I'm in the clear.
Why was I so excited? Well, the rose bushes had bloomed almost overnight and they were all beautiful! Actually, let me back up. I think they are rose bushes. They look like rose bushes and they have thorns, but the actual flower doesn't look like the roses Ive seen, but I call them roses. When we moved into this house, I was happy to see the 10 rose bushes in the backyard, but I didn't get my hopes up about them. Ive had rose bushes before and not too much happened with them, plus with my luck with plants, I wasn't expecting much. Well, I was way wrong about these guys (or girls I guess) and now I wish I had ten more back there. I'm sure if I had planted them though, they wouldn't be so successful.
Lets get to the pictures shall we? I had one or two little flowers pop up these past few weeks, but yesterday was different. I didn't even realize how many there were until I grabbed the scissors and started cutting. My mom told me to cut the flowers off so more can grow, and while I was doing that, I also noticed that this was never done before because there were a lot of old dead flowers that had wilted away, so I cut those too. I'm pretty sure I saw my thumb get a little greener while I was doing this, and I probably had a permanent smile on my face the whole time. You may think I'm crazy while reading this, but usually every plant I touch, I kill. Sad, yeah I know.

As I walked from bush to bush, I noticed all the different stages of the flower. There were lots of theses buds about to bloom.


Then there were some that were in mid-bloom (that's what I call it)


If you look close to this one, you can see three new buds! I'm so excited for them to bloom.


Then I was so surprised to see what was next. A YELLOW rose! Ive only seen the pink ones so far and I had no idea there were yellow ones back there. This is what set me over the edge for the jumping up and down and clapping while yelling a little bit and getting strange looks from the dogs.


Look how pretty the pink ones are too! They have yellow in the middle. These really don't look like roses, so if you are reading this and you know this isn't a rose, please tell me what it is so I can call them by their appropriate name, I don't want to offend anyone, especially them because I want them to keep growing!


See my little yellow one? I had to take a picture from further away before cutting him.


Here is a close up of my one yellow flower once I cut him. Its so bright and beautiful!


As much as it brings such joy to walk outside and see the flowers there, I had to cut them if I wanted more (and I do). So I brought the happiness inside. I had enough flowers to fill three bud vases (three or four flowers in each vase). Here they are on the kitchen counter right next to Mr. Hunt's bronchitis meds....the irony!


I also put some on the side table in the family room.


Then the last one I put by the TV so I can see them every time I look at the TV. I might have to move them because I can't really concentrate on whats going on on the TV, because I keep daydreaming about the flowers. Please excuse the dusty shelves


I realize that I may be a little more excited about these flowers than most, but it probably won't last long. Once I clip them three or four times, Ill probably be over it, so I thought I should share my joy before it dwindles away.

The bad thing about all theses flowers and trees blooming is that we also have to deal with this.....



I park right under this tree


So every time I need to go somewhere, I have to clean off the pollen on the windshield or I can't see anything but yellow stuff!

This is the first year that I have actually complained about the pollen because this is the first year it has affected my family. It has made Mr. Hunt sick and also covered my car (which I'm surprised this is the first time this has happened). But as much as I complain about it, it also reminds me of the season. The flowers and trees all blooming mean something. Spring means to rise up, and it reminds us of new life. Just like Jesus rises from the dead on Easter which promises us all new life. How can spring not make you smile? The Lord really does remind us of the most important things in the smallest ways.

Now I need to get going and start spring cleaning right? Those dusty shelves need some attention. Or, just plain ole' cleaning for us since we just moved here. We are almost done unpacking and cleaning everything around here and the spring air is helping to motivate me....and this verse....


Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)


Happy Spring and Flower Cutting to All,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting