Friday, March 9, 2012

Lets Address Something

Lets address this post...you know, the February goals I had in mind for the house?
Well, as you may already know, they didn't really happen since we found out we were moving to Texas a few days after I posted these. But, I did do some of them. I'm going to make these into March and April goals now. Some will not apply anymore since its a totally different house. I'm making them a two month goal because I'm still unpacking boxes and I need to do that before I even start decorating around here. We are also going to be having a lot of house guests coming soon. House guests are #1 around here, I would take house guests over decorating this house any day. So, lets review shall we? Everything crossed off is what I did or don't need to do anymore with explanations in red. The things in blue are new things for the new house. There are obviously a million more things to be done in this new house, but we will address them in the later months. Whew...here we go!


Family Room
buy two candles for the candle sticks on the mantle
buy one candle for green lantern 
get a new TV stand: We now don't need a new TV stand in the new house 
buy and hang white curtains
finish covering all the pillows on the couch: The family room doesn't need anymore pillows and Ill share what I have soon
vamp up the lamp shade: I decided against this for now. 
make a wall star and hang
Hang all other art
Loft: There isn't a loft at this new house
spray paint frames white: This is for all frames in the house
make a frame collage on the wall: This collage is going to be in the entry way in this house
frame HHI and Beaufort map from Hunter
find or make pillow for couch:  There isn't a couch anymore
buy and hang curtains: No room= No curtains needed
organize all DVDs and games: I actually did this before we left :)
make another wall star and hang

Living Room
Paint on both canvases for art above the couch: I painted on one so this is half done
find or make pillows for couch and extra dining chair: There isn't a couch anymore here either
buy 4 "fun" door knobs for shoe storage cabinet: I did this and you will see it soon....so cute!
hem the curtains

Dining Room
buy centerpiece from Ikea
hem the curtains

Kitchen
Paint two paintings for kitchen
paint entry same yellow as kitchen:  didn't do this.....oops
buy and hang new curtains: There aren't curtains needed in the kitchen at this house
hang purse/coat hanger: This will be in the laundry room
buy new rug for under kitchen table


Laundry Room
buy an ironing board (laundry room)
Spray paint and hang key holder in laundry room
Organize laundry room
Guest Room
Buy new bed for guest room (explanation coming on this)Find or make pillow for guest bed
get replacement toilet paper holder for guest bath (dogs ate it): DID THIS!
buy and hang curtains
bath mat from guest bath: We now need a bath mat for the master bath
buy lamps for guest bedroom

Outside
pick all the weeds in yard
plant new plants (if not too cold)

Master Bedroom
Fix curtains (one pair fell out of the wall, I guess I didn't hang them correctly): Took these down
make sun burst mirror and hang about bed
make the other lampshade for Mr. Hunt's side of the bed




So, Can I do it? I'm sure going to try!




Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting