Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Packing Days

It was time for the movers to come to our house in Charlotte and pack everything away.
Please don't kill me but I don't have ANY pictures of this project. Why? Well, because it was just too stressful to think of taking any pictures.


Mr. Hunt was in Austin and I was home alone to pack. Almost 90% of the stress was taken off my shoulders when I learned that the packers were packing everything for us so that everything could be insured. But....there is always a but right? Well, they didn't pack everything. There are things that they couldn't pack like important paperwork, any cleaning liquids, candles, etc. I also took the time to go through almost everything and throw away/give away a lot of stuff that we don't use or need anymore. It felt great to "shed" a lot of "junk!"
On Thursday, February 23rd, the movers came to the house to pack everything. It took all day long! I had to  be there the entire time so I have to thank a few people.
Thank you so much to Boss Hunt of coming over in the morning to help me put the bars on top of my car for the car top carrier. Thank you also for helping me carry some old furniture down the stairs and into your truck so that we could get rid of stuff. Thank you (and Michael) also for driving to Sears to buy us the car top carrier that we needed and bringing it back to the house for me. Thank you so much to Kaki (MIL) for bringing me some lunch (since I couldn't leave). Thank you also for feeding the movers so that they had enough energy to finish the day at a decent time. Thank you so much to Rachel for coming over to keep me company and have someone to talk to. Thank you also for taking my car to the shop to get an oil change and a tire rotation. You all have no idea how much I appreciate all of what you did that day. Im not sure when I would have had the time or the energy to do all that on my own. I love you all and Im so happy to have you in my life.
That night I FaceTimed with Mr. Hunt and showed him the house all filled with boxes, and then went right to sleep.
On Friday the movers were back to pack the truck. This day didn't take as long, but it was surreal. We really were moving. Once they left, the house was EMPTY. The only things left were the items we had to bring ourselves, one suitcase of clothes, and the guest room furniture (that we decided not to bring). Im glad Mr. Hunt came home that night so that I didn't have to sleep in an empty house alone. Thanks again to Boss Hunt and Kaki for coming over to help me put the car top carrier on the car and feed me and the movers again. Again, not sure how I would have done that on my own.
So thats it. All of our stuff was on its way to Austin Texas, and we were following behind soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting