Friday, March 2, 2012

Taylor Family Reunion

Ok, now that we are all caught up on the posts that I wrote before I could actual share them, we will now proceed. The next few weeks of posts will be in order from the time that they happened.

I was super excited for this event, the Taylor Family Reunion. The Taylor's haven't had a reunion like this in a very long time, maybe 10 years. I'm not sure what made us decide to have one, but I was so happy that we did. You see, most of my Dad's side of the family lives in Ohio where he is from. We didn't get to see them as much growing up as we got to see my Mom's side.
My Dad has one older sister and three younger brothers, and I have lots and lots of cousins. For the family reunion, we rented a house in Edisto Beach South Carolina.



It was a great house. I think it had about 5 bedrooms, but us "kids" all slept in the loft area which was a big open room with a bunch of twin beds. It was fun to spend time with everyone.
We had the house for the whole week, but Mr. Hunt and I only could stay two days, which was a shame. We would have totally stayed the ENTIRE time if we could. It was so relaxing.
The first day we spent relaxing mostly. We did a bunch of puzzles and took a walk on the beach. It was very chilly outside.




This little girl is Hannah. She is my uncle's girlfriend's daughter. Ive never met such an outgoing kid in my life. She is great! She was the youngest kid there with Davis being the second, and she didn't complain once that there was nothing to do or she was too bored. I feel like most kids that age need something to do at all times, she just went with the flow.


It was cold and windy, but we enjoyed ourselves.




Everyone was looking for shells. Hannah got a lot of them.



Ok so Ive probably said this before, but LOOK, BOTH of my little brothers are taller than me now! YIKES!!

That night we ate some very yummy chili and watched movies as a family. It was wonderful to catch up with everyone.

The next day Mr. Hunt and I had to leave around 1pm so that I could take him to the airport for him to fly back to Austin. But before we left, we went to Botany Bay with the family. We loved it there. It was so peaceful. There were so many shells! The reason there were so many was because you weren't allowed to take any with you. Did you know that there are left handed and right handed conk shells? I didn't. My uncle told me about them, and apparently the left handed ones are rare. We were on a mission to find left handed conks after that.


So sad Dylan had to leave early, but we were ready for Botany Bay!


Little Miss Hannah was such a trooper. She loves that she has the same name has our dog!



Of course the boys had a argue and fight about something. This is so typical.


Look at all these conks! There were about 15 of these tree trunks lined with conks. So beautiful and peaceful!



They even put them in the trees




The Boys!


And the Girls!

After a quick picnic with the family, we had to leave. It was a very short visit, but it was needed. We had the chance to fill everyone in on our plans for Texas and say "goodbye" to everyone. Man, I have such a great family. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Love,
Taylor girl at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting