Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Slight Set Back

Well, I really wanted to share the pictures of my newly decorated dining room with you today, but we had a small set back.
Mr. Hunt and I were taking everything out of the box for the last piece of the room, the table, when we saw this...


A huge crack in the table! I guess that's the risk you take when you try to build your own furniture. Ikea is not a short drive away either, so we have to wait until this weekend to go all the way back there and switch it out for a good one.
I'm really bummed out because we really wanted to put all of our Christmas decorations out yesterday also, but without the table finished, all the furniture is spread around the room. We aren't sure where the tree was going to go exactly since the layout of the room is new, so we were going to see where we could put it once the table was finished.
So, long story short, we will be headed back to Ikea on Saturday, and we will put the table together and hopefully the tree will go up then too. We do have a busy weekend ahead, but Christmas is coming and its coming fast. If the tree doesn't go up soon, its not going to be up for long. Cross your fingers because the sooner we get this done, the sooner I will share my new dining room in all of its yummy glory!

See ya,
JRH

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting