Monday, December 5, 2011

Ikea Love

Mr. Hunt and I (and a little help from my sweet sister in law Katie) finally decided on some dining room furniture, and surprise, none of which were on the previous post about picking dining room furniture.
I have always loved Ikea and I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before. I was browsing their website a few weeks ago and I saw a very pretty dining room set up and it clicked! I also decided that I wanted to start to move away from pieces that were too matchy matchy and Ikea is the perfect place for that. All of the previous pieces we loved, but they were very matchy where you buy all the pieces as a set and everything matches. Ikea allowed me to become creative and match my own pieces together, and I think I did a pretty good job.

The only set back is that I/we have to build EVERY PIECE that comes from Ikea, as apposed to a furniture store delivering the pieces all in tact. Long story short, I/we have been building the furniture for days, and we are finally ALMOST done. Only two more pieces left. The room is coming together nicely and I can't wait to show y'all, especially with the new wall color that we recently got.
Also, and most importantly, we got a great deal and are saving a TON of money. I'm not going to tell you exactly how much everything cost, but let me just say that we are saving a total of $5,000 or more by going with Ikea. At first we couldn't believe it and were afraid that the pieces would look cheap, but they don't, so we are very happy with our choice.

Hopefully Ill be back tomorrow to reveal the yummy new dining room! Thanks Ikea!

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting