Friday, December 9, 2011

Lights Out

I was getting ready for work and feeding the fur babies when I heard a big THUMP! Then I realized that the light in the laundry room was out. I figured the noise was the bulb burning out so I kept getting ready. I soon realized that other rooms in the house were also out. I didn't have time to figure it out and just figured that a fuse blew out or something so I went to work and decided that Mr. Hunt and I would figure it out later that evening.
I came home from work with no surprise that the lights still weren't working in those rooms but it was quickly becoming a problem. With the sun going down, we needed the light in the laundry so the fur babies could see, and the light in the backyard was out too so they couldn't see to go outside. The kitchen lights were good, but the den wasn't. The lights and TV weren't working.
I started on dinner while waiting for Mr. Hunt to come home. Once he got home he went out to the garage and started messing with the breaker box. The lights were going on and off in the kitchen as he switched things around so I was cooking in a strobe light. Finally the lights went out in the whole house and didn't come back on for a few minutes. Mr. Hunt was surprised when I went out to tell him I was cooking in a dark kitchen with a stove that was turning on and off. Something happened and the lights wouldn't come back on. I had to stop cooking while we figured out what was going on. We tried everything we knew to do including checking all the electrical sockets....no luck.
Mr. Hunt didn't even get to get out of his work clothes!

After about 15 minutes of being in the dark (literally and figuratively), I was trying to find the electricians phone number with a flashlight when all of the sudden with was like the skies opened up and the light from the angels shined down on me! The lights were ALL back on! I think I may have screamed!
You are probably wondering why this was such a big deal, well there are a few reasons. The main one being that Mr. Hunt and I were both pretty hungry and I could finally finish cooking.
I'm not sure we ever found out what happened, but Mr. Hunt thinks that one of the switches weren't pushed back enough causing the electricity to stay off. Who knows! I'm just glad we have light again. I don't know what people did in the old days with no electricity...especially in the winter when it gets dark at 5:30pm.

Love,
Mrs. Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting