Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Little Christmas Let Down

So I hate to admit this but Mr. Hunt and I didn't put up Christmas lights outside of our house this year. Every time we drive up to the house when its dark outside, I feel like the Grinch of the neighborhood. I will never ever again let this happen.
Since finishing the dining room was a little set back for taking out all the Christmas decorations, we were a little late on bringing everything out. We decorated inside about two weeks ago and planned on hanging lights a few days after.
Well day after day went by and every time we would come home from work it would be too dark. Then the weekends would pass us by with shopping and other Christmas fun and the lights never made it up.
Now that we are a few days away, we both decided there was no point. I know I know, stop giving me a hard time. I already feel bad about it. Since Mr. Hunt and I aren't even going to be here Christmas day, we decided to not put them up.
The good news is that we told ourselves this would never happen again. We will be decorating with everyone the day after Thanksgiving from now on so that we don't miss anything!

The other little let down is our mantle. Don't worry, we did decorate it, but its not what I was picturing in my head for this year. I originally wanted to sew our stockings this year. I even got the fabric for it and everything. When we decorated the house a few weeks ago, we put our other stockings out for the time being. Now, once again, time has got the best of me and I still haven't made the stockings. I still plan on making the stocking this year so that they are ready to go next year. But I still wanted to show you what or mantle looks like.




Still pretty and festive.
Please remind me next year that Christmas time is NOT the time to try to take on a bunch of projects. OK?


From the girl who plans too much without enough time,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting