Thursday, December 15, 2011

Its Christmas Time

The finishing of the dining room set us back a little with the Christmas decorating, but are finally finished with that too and it sure does feel like Christmas in the Hunt household.
We waited until the dining room was finished because we had no clue where the tree was going to fit. Once we were finished it was obvious to put it in-between the couch and the dining table and it looks great.



Mr. Hunt and I were joking that our tree looks like it is straight from the 80s...and well....it is. About 98% of our ornaments are from our childhood (from the 80s). Thinking back, we have only actually bought two ornaments EVER. One to form River's footprint and one to form Hannah's footprint last year. That's it. So yes, our tree is from the 80s and we are proud of it. We like the look of "themed" trees, but we don't have to money or time for that and it would mean that we couldn't hang our childhood ornaments which would make us sad. So we are left with this beautiful thing! And if you are really curious, our "angel" is actually a black lab dog face with an angel dress on. My Aunt gave Mr. Hunt and I this fake tree three years ago and gave us the angel too. She had a black lab and thought we would like it since we have two labs. We smile every year when we take him out of the box! I also got two yards of faux white fur at the craft store and laid it under the tree for a cheap tree skirt that looks good. You can't see it that well here.



Last Christmas we got some pretty Christmas plates and glasses so in true we-just-got-finished-putting-our-dining-room-table-together fashion, we set the table! To be honest we probably won't eat off them, but we will see.
Lastly we have a cinnamon scented candle in the family room and a Christmas tree smelling candle in the living room next to the tree. That way we can trick ourselves into thinking the tree is the real thing. And let me tell you from experience, the candle smells like the real thing!

I have some big plans for the fireplace mantle and I will leave you in suspense. But here is a clue:


To be honest, I'm not done with the mantle so that's why I am leaving you in suspense. Not because I'm mean.
You will also have to wait to see our decorations outside of our house, because well, we aren't finished with that either. We better hurry, Christmas is approaching FAST!
I will leave you with this awesome gamecock Santa that lives on our TV stand during the Christmas season...

And this Santa....well me, in the Christmas spirit with my own gamecock apparel ... coincidence?


Until my next Christmas decor post,

Jennifer Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting