Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rustic Cottage Country

Just a quick little note to let y'all know that I have finally nailed down my "style."
Up until now I have never really thought about what I like. I just liked it and wanted it or bought it. I have been reading alot of home improvement/decor websites and they really encourage you to find what your style is so that you can narrow things down when you are out shopping for your home.
So I give you my style, or what I like to call it at least. Rustic Cottage Country. Does that make sense?
I have always been attracted to rustic looking or vintage looking pieces, I think probably because that's what my mom likes and decorated with when I was growing up. It wasn't until my wedding and her planning the decor for that, that I realized I loved rustic things and decor too. I love rustic metals, wrought iron, and worn wood.


The cottage comes in because I love a bright white and airy look. Clean lines. All things natural, cotton, and just all things light. I love the cozy feel of a room, no hard lines. I like to walk into a room and feel warm and at home, and that is just what a cottage is like in my mind.


Lastly is country. I love wood, woven rope, all things linen, old metal buckets, etc. I also love space. Not just space for a yard, but space in the home with high ceilings and lots of windows to let natural light in.


Yep, that's me! I honestly feel like I can concur the world (or my design world) now that I have pin pointed my style. Now I need to get decorating my house just like this and I will be happy!

XOXO,
Rustic Cottage Country Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting