Monday, April 4, 2011

Yard is Looking Good

Mr. Hunt and I have been working really hard to get our yard to look good this year. Our one year anniversary for living in our house is coming up in a few weeks and we didn't have much time last year to get the yard started before it was too hot and then fall. The big thing is trying to grow grass in the backyard. Yeah well, we quit. we are having someone come out and lay sod down. We have probably spread three bags of different grass seed back there and watered it like crazy and only weeds and patches of grass come up. Its very frustrating. My dad and uncles came up to Charlotte three weekends ago and built Mr. Hunt and I a patio. It turned out better than we thought it would. I have pictures so as soon as I find the cord and the upload button decides to work, then Ill show you the patio (I know, I'm a mess). We also bought new patio furniture and are buying a new grill sometime this week. The front yard is what I worked on this weekend. I have a habit of thinking tasks are easy in my head and then when I go to do them, they are way to hard. Well I pretty much dug a trench in our front yard where the "plants" were before. I quickly found out why the plants always died. All there is is a bunch of rocks and clumps of cement down there. It was miserable trying to dig them up. I planted two azalea shrubs and left my hydrangeas there. I wanted to finish all of this before Mr. Hunt got home so that he would be proud of all my hard work, but I ended up needing his help. We also laid pine straw down in the yard and around the trees. Ahhhh, it looks much better, now if only I can keep it up. My soon to be MIL bought me a lemon tree. I really wanted one but Mr. Hunt told me that they wouldn't last here. On her way back from Florida (she was on a cruise) she bought me a lemon tree. I planted it in a huge pot in hopes that it will stay alive. I even see little lemons growing already. pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting