Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My enemy right now.

I have an enemy right now. No, its not really a person, its a business. The United States Postal Service!

I recently ordered something and have been waiting for it in the mail. Finally about a week ago, I received a slip on the door saying they tried to deliver it, but I wasn't there. On the slip, it clearly says, "we can either redelivery this or you can sign this slip and leave it somewhere for the mailman to see and we will leave it." Ok, great! So I signed the slip and left it in the door.

Two whole days went by and the slip was still in the door, and no package. Ugh! What the heck! So the next day, I went online and I signed up for the redelivery. I asked for it to be redelivered on Saturday (this past Saturday) and in the comment box I wrote, "Please leave the package on the door step if I am not there, I will leave the signed slip in the door."

Well no sooner did I get a call from them saying for whatever reason they couldn't just leave it there, I had to be there. After asking why the slip said what it did if it wasn't true and arguing for a few minutes with the man that I couldn't even understand really, I knew that I wasn't going to be around all day Saturday so I just said that I would come pick it up when I could.

This next part is my fault and I'm going to go ahead and admit it. On Saturday morning, Mr. Hunt and I took River to the vet in the morning and I was going to stop by the post office on the way back, but I forgot. By the time we headed out of the house again, it was past 12pm when the post office closes. Yes this was my fault, but I'm still mad because the post office has stupid hours. Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (When most people are at work, not able to come pick things up that they cant deliver), and Saturday from 8:30am-12pm (most normal people are just getting out of the house by then, or if they are up early, it is because they have things to do, not be at the post office).

So after pouting about that, Mr. Hunt offered to stop by this morning to pick it up for me since he knew that I wouldn't be able to get there until Saturday. I gave Mr. Hunt the signed slip and thanked him. He called me a little later to say that they wouldn't give him the package because I didn't sign the slip in the correct spot. Let me repeat myself....I did sign and print my name on the slip......just in the wrong spot! WHAT? And I had to write his name on the slip too, which i didnt.

Ok, now this is really getting ridiculous. I know that they need to be cautious of where they leave packages and who they let pick random stuff up, but this is going way overboard.

So here I am, still no package, still mad, and 1 new enemy. I will never order anything online every again unless it is UPS or FedEx.

Ok, I'm done ranting now. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting