Monday, April 11, 2011

My Football Fix


Saturday was the University of South Carolina Spring Football Game. Mr. Hunt and I and two of Mr. Hunt's friends from work headed down to Columbia Saturday morning. We tailgated for a little bit when we got there before heading into the game.



My gosh, was it hot! I forgot how hot Columbia is! It was a whole 10 degrees hotter in Columbia than it was in Charlotte! We watched the first half of the game in the sun! I was so drained and so hot by halftime. We then went to find a spot/seats in the shade. It was still alot of fun, and I got my football fix for sure. I'm really excited to see what this next year's team is like. I think we will be very good (hopefully this is "our year")!



I look tired huh and hot huh?


When we got back to Charlotte, we got cleaned up and went to the grocery store to pick some food up for a cookout at the Tate's house. All of the sudden it started hailing golf ball size hail! It was crazy. We were stuck in the grocery store for about 15minutes. Somehow we made it to the Tate's before it started hailing for a second time. I was getting scared because the sky got pitch black and the wind was blowing so hard it felt like the house was shaking. After hailing a third time, it finally cleared up. When Mr. Hunt and I got home, our power was out. Good thing I just cleaned the garage a few weeks earlier or I wouldn't have been able to find the flashlight. The power didn't come back on until 3am, and we talked to our neighbor the next day and they said it had been out since 5pm! Geez!


All in all, it was a good day. We went from being so hot, to hail. Interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting