Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Personal Monday

This past Monday I took a "Personal Day" off from work. I originally did it becuase we had people coming to our house to fix a few things before our one year warranty is up. Side Note: Can you believe we have been in this house for almost a year already?? Crazy! Anyways, the guys told me they would be here at 9am and be done by 11am. Ok great, so I can get some others things done that I need to do the rest of the day! So I woke up in enough time to take a shower and do the "dog routine." I decided to put the fur babies in their crate a little before 9am so when they rang the door bell I would be able to get the door and not have to try to get the dogs in their crate. So I waited and waited and nobody showed up! I was getting frustrated mainly because I had them in their crate and I couldnt just take them out not knowing when they would be here. So finally at 10am I called the main guy. No answer. I left a message, "Hello Mr. Fix It, I thought I recall you saying you would be here at 9am. It is now 10am and I havent seen anyone. Can you please call me because I have other things planned for the day!" 15 minuts later I hear a knock on the door. Its Mr. Fix It! He informs me that he needed to go buy the caulk (why wouldnt he have bought this ahead of time) and that the person that was going to fix the crack in the ceiling wouldnt be available until 2:30pm. Wow! So he finally came back to the house after getting the caulk and did a few things and was gone by 11am, but now I had to be back by 2:30 for the other guy. To make things worse, the electrition for the two lamps that misteriously stopped working wouldnt be available until tomorrow (Tuesday)! We had to leave our garage door unlocked so that he could turn the electricity on and off. Well that totally defeats the purpose of me taking a day off huh? So I ran around and got some of my other errands done, shopping mostly! I needed some retail therapy and I did good! I got home just in time to let the fur babies out for a bit and put them right back in for the ceiling guy to get here. He got here on time and did his thing. Once he left I had about an hour before I had to head to pre-marital counsling. All in all it was a pretty good day. It turned out better than I thought it would at first. I definatley didnt get everything done that I wanted to, but Im learning that not everything happens like you plan. I have come to the conculsion that Mr. Fix It really did forget about us. If I wouldnt have called, I dont think he would have came. To top it off, the two lamps werent fixed on Tuesday when I got home (after leaving the garage door unlocked all day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting