Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Jane's First Bite

At Jane's 4 month appointment the doctor asked how much formula Jane was eating. I told her she was eating 7oz every 4 hours, but lately she still seemed hungry after each bottle and that I was going to probably change it to 8oz soon.

She told me that instead of doing that, that we could start her on solids. I was planning on waiting until she was 6 months, but I decided since she wasn't breastfeeding anymore that it was OK to start solids earlier. Mr. Hunt and I were actually excited to start it.

Here is a video of her first ever bite! We gave her organic rice cereal.



Haha, not really sure if she liked it.




I think it was the texture that was confusing her.








Because after a few bites, she would kick her legs and smile and laugh like she wanted more.




But then make this face again.


All done.




The first few times, she had this same reaction. Then we left to go to Hawaii and left the feeding to my mom.



We came back and she was a pro! I'm definitely giving the credit to my mom, but Ive read that's what happens when you feed a baby for the first time. They just have to get used to eating. Duh!

She seriously loves to eat now!





She opens her mouth when the spoon comes and she eats it all right up.

"Please mom, can I have some more?"



Then I decided to branch away from the rice cereal to see what else she likes to eat. Our doctor said to introduce one food at a time and have her eat it for a week before starting something else new in case she has an allergic reaction or something. We decided sweet potatoes was a good choice. I am making all my own baby food and I knew sweet potatoes would be an easy starter for me too.

I made the sweet potatoes and thought she would LOVE them. I mean, come on, they are way more tasty than rice cereal. I thought she would be so happy. Nope! She gagged and acted like she wanted to throw up each bite. I'm hoping its just the texture again and after a few times she will love them because I made a whole bunch and I don't want it to go to waste. She still needed to eat, so I mixed it with rice cereal and she ate it all up.

Ill update y'all later on how we are doing, but I think she loves to eat!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting