Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!

Before I go into how my first Mother's Day went, I want to talk about how much the two mothers in my life mean to me.

Last Mothers Day was a very special day. It was the day that Mr. Hunt and I told our families that we were pregnant. One short year later, here we are. I cant even begin to explain how different our life is, but most importantly its very difficult to explain how having a baby of my own now and being a mom has changed my perception on the Moms in my life.

My mom has taught me so many things that I want to instill in Jane and my other children one day. She has shown me how to love, care, teach, and laugh all at the same time. Even the things that she says she lacks (patients being the number one thing), she has instilled in me. If you know me at all, you know I don't have patients either. But, the good thing about that is that I have her to talk to about it, her to ask what she does when she looses it, and her to laugh to about how similar we may be. I honestly look at my mom as a best friend now days. I call her all the time and ask her motherly advice.



My mother in law has brought Mr. Hunt into this world and brought him up to be the man he is today, the man that I fell in love with. How do you thank someone for that? She has also been there for plenty of random phone calls about ailments, medicine, and baby advice. You know, normal mom things.


So needless to say, I'm so honored to have these two women in my life. I think about them both everyday while taking care of my little girl. I appreciate them everyday, but Mothers Day lets me remind them again.

Now, onto my day. It wasn't really what I expected, but that's what being a mom is about, there are alot of things you don't expect. The whole family had a horrible night. The fur babies maybe got a few hours of sleep, but Mr. Hunt, Jane, and I didn't really ever fall asleep. I will go into that on another post though. So the morning of Mothers Day, we wanted to go to church, but we couldn't make it. We were so tired. Mr. Hunt was going to make me my favorite breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes) but he couldn't get up, I don't blame him. We got up (well out of bed I should say) and took care of Jane in the morning and I took a bath once she went down for her first nap. I had a POUNDING headache. Once she woke up, we were still so tired, but we decided to try to make the best of the situation. We headed to the mall (which was what I wanted to do). We ate at the food court and fed Jane. Then we walked around and I got some Godiva chocolate (YUM)! Then we both bought some new rainbows. Both were for me really. I needed a new pair, and I needed Mr. Hunt to get a new pair too. His were 13 years old and were falling apart.




Then we went back home and took turns playing with Jane while the other took a small nap. I couldn't get my headache to go away, it was POUNDING all day long and it was making me nauseous. I originally wanted Mr. Hunt to cook me dinner, but I changed my mind and wanted Italian. I sent him out to grab Olive Garden to go. We ate while Face Timing with my family. Then once Jane was down for the night, I went right to sleep.


I laughed with Mr. Hunt saying that Jane really wanted me to work for my first Mothers Day. We have never had a night like that since she was born. That was the worst night ever. Not exaggerating.


It could have been a better day, yes, but what really is Mothers Day? Mr. Hunt already spoils me alot. He takes care of us all the time. Maybe I could have made him change all Jane's diapers for the day or those chocolate chip pancakes would have been super yummy, but I bet if I ask him to make them next Sunday he would.


What really matters is that I AM a mommy! Finally! Ive always wanted this. Its just as good as I always imagined. Its better. I lover her so much and I love my job! Its a 24/7 job and its HARD, but its so fun at the same time.


I hope all the mommies that read my blog had a great day too. We all work so hard and love our kids so much. We do deserve a little pampering maybe.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting