Friday, May 3, 2013

First Time Away From Home

**A post written a while back...OOPS**


Like I said in a few other past posts, this time to Charlotte was a big deal. It was alot of firsts for baby Jane.



First time meeting many family members
First time on a plane

Most importantly and scary was her first time away from her home, her room, her stuff. We just got Jane on a great schedule that has finally stayed consistent for more than a week. She sleeps great in her crib for naps and sleeps through the night almost every night. She has a few toys she enjoys and I feel like she really knows her home.

I was nervous about turning it all upside down by bringing her to Charlotte. It would be a different room for her to sleep in, a different crib, many new faces, a change in her schedule (most likely), and not all her toys. If you ask Mr. Hunt, he would say I'm crazy, but I really was worried she would be thrown off. I understand she is only 4 months old, but try having a baby that's not on any sort of daily regimen and get back to me on how that worked out for you.



Either way it was going to happen.....and will happen many more times if I ever want to go visit family. We just dove right in and did it. How did she do? She did GREAT! Obviously the plane ride was good like I mentioned in a previous post. She slept great (through the night the first night and only waking up a few times the other nights). She took naps and went to bed pretty much on schedule and we were able to pack her favorite toys that she played with.

She was more tired than normal the whole time we were there, but I know it was just from meeting so many new faces and constantly having things to look at and take in. Alot different from being at home with just me and the fur babies.

She also did great and was right back on schedule once we got home. I'm so happy she did so well. It made it alot less stressful for me and I was able to enjoy my time. I hear that it can get a little more difficult as they get older, but I will just take one trip at a time.

Love
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting