Monday, January 14, 2013

Started Cloth Diapers

Mr. Hunt and I decided we were going to definitely try the cloth diapers for Jane, but we still received a whole bunch of disposable diapers from people. I'm glad that we did because they were easy to use in the first few days. By my initial look at how many diapers we had, I thought for sure we would be using the disposables for at LEAST a month...if not more. I was very wrong. They only lasted us two weeks.
Jane likes to poop once every time she eats, sometimes twice. That will eventually go away, but right now, we are changing alot of diapers. Once I saw we were starting to run out, I decided it was time to start with the cloth. I wanted to make sure we still had some disposables on hand for anytime we are out of the house and need them for convenience or if I am slacking on the cloth diaper laundry for some reason.
So, we took a few pictures of Jane with her first ever cloth diaper at 16 days old.

We started with the G Diapers since they are the smallest and she is still under 8 pounds which is the number of pounds they recommend for the Bum Genius Diapers.


Also, since the Bum Genius diapers are one size fits all, it requires you to fold them down to the smallest size which can make the diaper very bulky.


Jane really doesn't like to be changed. I'm not sure if many babies do, but she flails her arms around and cries pretty much the entire time.


Mr. Hunt didn't like how her skin was all wrinkly. Hey, its a little baby.


We asked Jane if she liked the disposables or the cloth better and she told us cloth so we will stick with them for awhile.


So far the cloth diapers aren't bad at all. I only have four of the G Diaper outer shells and 10 of the plastic liners so I am doing the laundry once a day, but that doesn't both me at all really. We also don't have to use the diaper sprayer with these so I think Mr. Hunt isn't too bothered by them yet. Once we start the Bum Genius diapers, I may be able to stretch the laundry load to every other day. I'm so glad they are working so far. We really do like them.

**UPDATE** Since writing this post, we've started the Bum Genius diapers also. They are still a little too big and the sides aren't too tight on her little thighs so I'm afraid that she is going to have a blow out, but we haven't had one yet. They are definitely more bulky than the G Diapers, but they don't seem to bother Jane very much. I think this whole cloth diaper thing is going to turn out great!

Love,
Cloth Diaper Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting