Monday, January 7, 2013

My Furbabies and Jane

I wouldn't really say "I'm shocked" at how well River and Hannah have taken to Jane because in the back of my mind, I knew they would be good, but I will say that "I'm pleased."
Despite what most people who have met the dogs think, River and Hannah are VERY clam dogs when its just Mr. Hunt and I. Hannah will randomly gets spurts of energy that lasts about 2 minutes and they will both get pumped when they see us get their leashes out, but other than that, they are very calm and sleep most of the day.
I did get a little bit nervous when we brought that stray dog home from church a few weeks ago and Hannah got really jealous. I was just nervous she would pout and be jealous, but (knock on wood) she hasn't shown any signs of that whatsoever.
The day we came home from the hospital, Mr. Hunt and I schemed up a plan for introducing the dogs to her. Mr. Hunt and our neighbors Shanyn and Kevin had brought a blanket back from the hospital while Jane and I were still there so they could get to know her "scent." I'm not really sure how much that worked though. I think that's more for dogs who are very territorial and don't want strange "things" coming into "their" home. We decided that we would leave Jane in her car seat and put the dogs on their leashes so that we could control them if they decided they wanted to "play" with Jane and jump on her or something. It went really well. Hannah was just WAY too excited to see us home, especially me since she hadn't seen me in a while. After a few spankings from Mr. Hunt, she was settled down. Jane didn't make a peep the whole time. I think she was happy to meet her dogs that I told her about while we were at the hospital.




As you can tell, Hannah is very blurry. That shows you how excited she was. She was moving around so fast I couldn't get a good picture.


Then I took Jane out and sat on the couch with her and let them see me with them. Please don't mind my appearance. I hadn't taken a shower in a few days.


They spent some more time sniffing everything she had been near.




Then came back to look at her again.




Since then, they have continued to be angels with Jane. River isn't too interested in her anymore. He kind of ignores her, but I'm sure once she gets older and can throw him a ball, he will gain that interest back real quick. Hannah on the other hand is VERY in tune with her. Every little noise she makes, Hannah perks up, if not goes over to see her. She always wants to be near her its very cute.




And River still sneaks a few sniffs in here and there. They both have tried to bring her toys to her swing like they want her to play.


I randomly start to feel bad for them at times. I used to take them on a walk once a day and that has only happened once since bringing Jane home and that is because my mom walked with me. I need to learn to walk both dogs and the stroller at the same time. Could take time. By the time Mr. Hunt comes home, its dark out. Plus, with it being so cold out right now, I don't really want to take Jane outside too much. Also, as you have probably previously realized, these dogs really are my fur BABIES. I used to baby them SO much. I told myself I wouldn't change, but right now with little sleep, and feeling like a human feeding machine, its hard to pay as much attention as I did before. I will try my hardest to change that once we get into a routine. Anyway, they make sure they cuddle and get close to whoever doesn't have the baby. Hannah plopped down on my lap like she was a lap dog the other day. I soaked it in.




Then we decided that we would do a dog/Jane photo shoot. We are certain that these dogs will be Jane's best friends and we know she will appreciate these pictures one day. I know we appreciate them. This also shows how well the dogs behave with her. They sat there the entire time we took these pictures which was about 5-10 minutes.





I couldn't resist taking this picture. I really cant get enough of the baby rolls.





This one is my favorite.


Anyway, long story short, they have been angels and we couldn't be happier with our little family. With all the stresses of becoming first time parents, the fur babies aren't one of them. We are very happy with each other. We cannot wait to see them grow up together.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting