Sunday, January 13, 2013

Parents Visit

We were so excited with Jane's arrival (obviously), but we were also excited because that meant that we had an excuse to MAKE our families come visit us. Let me just say that time really does fly. I'm sure most people already know that, but seriously it does, and I'm sure it will fly more that Jane is here (it already has these past three weeks, can you believe she is almost 1 month old already? I can't). Anyway, my parents and siblings are very busy people (as many people are) so of course their want to come visit since we moved here in February 2011 was taken over by their responsibilities at home. It doesn't really seem like its been almost a year since we've moved here and it certainly doesn't feel like they haven't come to visit us in almost an entire year. I feel like we just got here. That may be because I just recently got this house in order from the move.....but whatever.
Anyway, this was my parents first time to come visit so I was very excited. I was also a little sad that I basically had to stay in the house the entire time since Jane cant leave for 4 weeks and I have to feed her every 2-3 hours or so. Mr. Hunt and Davis (who has been to visit about 3 times now) showed my parents a few cool things though.
Of course first things first, Jane was introduced to her Nana, Pappy, and Uncle Dave. We also FaceTimed with Uncle Dylan later so she could meet him too.
After the introductions we had a little last minute Christmas fun.



Thank you Great Grandma for Jane's new beautiful dress


We got my parents a Keurig and some K-cups to get started.


I got this cute scarf


some REALLY comfy PJ shorts



Mr. Hunt got this camo hat (that he cant stop wearing. I swear he would wear this to work if it was allowed) and a $50 gift card from Davis. He was so happy about it.


We also got a super nice fluffy blanket for the couch with the palmetto tree and moon on it from Davis. Dylan gave me a tumblr cup that says Gigi (which is what he has called me since he was born), and he gave Mr. Hunt a gamecock shirt and a tumblr cup that says Worlds Best Dad (true), and much more. Thank you everyone for our nice gifts!

We also got our yearly traditional scratch off tickets (where we won more money than any other year) and holiday crackers from Grandma. We put the crowns on like always, but of course it wasn't the same with the rest of the family missing.




We also did the traditional Men and Woman photo so that we could try to photo shop our picture into the rest of the family's pictures. But I found out that they didn't even take the Men and Woman photo. SHAME on them.
You see Mr. Hunt took his crown off to put his beloved camo hat back on.


Jane's first "woman's photo"


Then Mr. Hunt transferred the hat to his boy River


Lookin like a cool kid


I had to add this in because I think its hilarious. Davis noticed a grocery bag hanging in our tree in the backyard and decided he would help us out and get it out for us. While trying to get it out with the rake, the rake then got stuck in the tree. He finally made some contraption with a broom and tape and a shovel and maybe some other stuff and got everything out.



My mom and I took Jane on her first stroller ride. It was quite cold but she didn't seem to mind. She fell right to sleep and enjoyed her ride.


Jane loves her Pappy


Hannah also loves her Pappy. She was laying on top of him for awhile but then decide that this was a better position. Looks alot less comfy if you ask me.




Jane's Nana hardly put her down or shared her the entire visit. Nobody blames her.


We also attempted, and did a pretty good job at getting a family photo. We are sad that Dylan and Charlie are missing though. One day we will all be together again.


Uncle Dave! I know Jane will love each and every one of her uncles and aunts equally, but Uncle Dave will be special I think because he will be the youngest and "coolest" to her. Of course she will make these choices herself, but that's just what I think.


See! Shes already making faces at him.


So even though their trip was short, it was enjoyed by all of us. I cant wait to see them again and I'm sure they cant wait to see Jane again either. I don't want my parents to miss too much of Jane's childhood. Shes already growing so fast its ridiculous. I'm glad there is such thing as FaceTime. Thank you apple.

Mr. Hunts parents just left yesterday after being here for a week so Ill be back to share how Jane liked her visit with them.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting