Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Strange Pregnancy Symptom

I would have just shared this with my weekly updates, but this needs a little more explaining. I'm actually only assuming this is because of the pregnancy, but its starting to get out of control. I can't stop smelling cleaning products and perfumes. They all smell amazing to me. Weird? VERY!

It started a few weeks ago with my face wash. The same face wash Ive been using for years and years. I was putting it on my face like I do every morning and evening, but this time was different. The smell was amazing to me. All I wanted to do was sit there and just reapply it to my face over and over. It doesn't happen every time I use it now, but once in awhile it will happen.

I didn't really think anything of it until we went to visit my family in Bluffton and it happened again. I was using the soap my mom had out in my bathroom and I was caught smelling the soap over and over. Now, this soap isn't any soap. Ive actually liked this soap for a long time. It is the cleanest smelling soap Ive ever smelled and she has been using it for awhile now, but I always forget to ask her what kind it is. So, when I got back to Austin, I went to the store and sat there and smelled every bar soap until I found it. Its called Coast and its one of the cheaper ones, but honestly its the best soap Ive used. Its not just because of the smell either. It just cleans well and leaves you smelling great. Unlike the face wash though, I CANNOT stop smelling this one. Every time I go into the bathroom, I can smell it. I love when Mr. Hunt uses it. I know this all sounds super strange....and I'm not really 100% sure why this is happening.

I actually called my mom to ask her about it and double check that it was the coast soap. She said that yes, indeed it was. The reason they have used only that soap for so long is because its my dads favorite. It really does leave your body smelling fresh and clean. Some soaps you cant smell it on your skin after you use it, but this one you can....and its lovely. With my dad working outside (especially in the summer months), he loved coming home and using this in the shower.


Every once in awhile while I'm doing the dishes, Ill be attracted to the smell of the Dawn dish soap now too. Only the blue one so far, that's what I am using now. Ive always thought it smelled nice and clean, but this is a different attraction. Again with wanting to just sit there and smell it all day long.


Lastly, I was going through the Michael Kors magazine and they had a sample of their perfume in there. I made the mistake of smelling it. Now, I'm addicted. I rubbed it all over my arms and haven't stopped smelling them all day.


Its OK to think I'm weird. I know I am. I'm contributing it to being pregnant, there isn't another explanation. I think its just all things that smell clean or something. I started to think maybe its from being low iron. I know anemic people tend to want to eat ice chips, dirt, and soap I think. Let me make myself clear. As much as I love the smell of the soap, I dont have the urge to eat it, so maybe it isn't being low on iron.

Out of all these, the Coast Soap is the most out of control though. I can sometimes smell it out in the hallway from my bathroom. I think I might be making it up. I seriously have to pick it up and smell it almost every time I go into the bathroom. Its so weird, but its like I have to do it, and I enjoy it. It also makes me want to sit in the bathtub once a day and soak it all in.

Do you know what could be wrong? Do you think it will go away once I have the baby?

Love,
Clean Smelling Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting