Wednesday, November 21, 2012

34 Week Appointment

This week was a little more fun than normal and it only gets more fun from here on out. When I say fun....I mean that more is happening and I'm getting more information. I'm not sure fun is the word to use, but Ill use it.

This week I went in and talked about a few questions I had from the last two weeks. We actually talked a lot this week. She had a hard time finding Jane's heartbeat this time. She said its because she is getting so big now, she is squished in there and sometimes the heartbeat can be hard to find. We she finally found it she said it was in the 130s which is good. Then she measured my belly and then didn't tell me what I was measuring. Then we did something new. She felt around my belly to see which way Jane was laying and to try to guess how much she was weighing. It is important to know around now which way the baby is laying since they probably wont move around too much more. Since they are so big now, its harder for them to move positions. Most likely how they are sitting now it how they will stay for the remainder of the pregnancy. Also, she needs to check to see how much the baby weighs because if the baby seems to be too big or too small then that could be mean some underlying problems. Well, she said that Jane was BIG! But not too big to be worried, she is a healthy big. She estimated her around 6.5lbs already. In all the books I read, babies are an average of 5 lbs right about now. She said that I was hiding her being so big since my torso is so long. Oh boy! Ive heard from alot of people that the doctors guesses were always way off, but its still fun to think about the baby and wonder how big she is and what she looks like.

The other thing that my doctor determined was that the baby has definitely dropped. Kaki.....you were right when you noticed it in the picture you saw. Her head has already dropped into the birth canal, her body and torso go up my right side and her feet and arms are on my left side. Having her dropped already is actually VERY uncomfortable. Alot of women don't drop until a few days before they deliver or they don't ever until contractions start. But for the unlucky like me...its already happened. She is just so heavy and so low that its hard to walk. Lets not even talk about how many times I have to pee in a day now.

Now Mr. Hunt is convinced she is coming early. He has already been saying he thinks she is coming early, but now with her being so big and already dropped...he is convinced. We will see. All I know is that I'm just going to have to deal with being very uncomfortable for the next 5 and a half more weeks or so.

Oh, and like I mentioned in the previous post, we scheduled to be induced on the evening of December 27th at 7pm. Keep us in your prayers, we are just so excited to think of anything else right now.


Love,
Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting