Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Charlotte Visit

It was a crazy whirlwind when we went back to Bluffton and Charlotte for only 4 days, but we squeezed in SO much in those 4 days, we definitely got our fill of family lovin!

So, after being in Bluffton for only a day and a half with a shower one night and only a few hours to spend with my brother Dylan; my mom, dad, Davis and I hopped into the car to head to Charlotte. Mr. Hunt left with his mom after my shower on Thursday evening so that he could get stuff done in Charlotte before we got there. We didn't get to Charlotte until around 10pm, but we stayed awake for awhile to watch some baseball. The next day was when the real fun started.

First things first, I got to see Katie and McKay who I hadn't seen since we initially left Charlotte back in February. That was a special treat. Then we had a little family and friend get together at the Hunt's house for their engagement and baby Jane. It was so nice to see everyone that came. We ate good food, mingled with family and friends, opened gifts, watched football, and relaxed. Just what the doctor orders when you have been home sick.

After the party, we had just a little time to kill before we watched the LSU vs. South Carolina game. It was fun to watch with the family all around. Here in Texas its usually just Mr. Hunt and I watching since nobody else really likes the gamecocks here. The game was so close, but we ended up losing. It was our first loss of the season so that was sad, but we still kept our heads up....you know us gamecocks have to be used to disappointment somewhere in the season.

Sunday was filled with family again, this time just the immediate family, but it was nice to spend more time with them since we were busy talking to everyone else during the party the day before. I also had to go through all the shower gifts from Bluffton and Charlotte and decide what I was going to bring back with me in a suitcase, and what I was going to leave in Charlotte until Kaki and Boss Hunt come to see us at the end of November. I wish I could have taken everything, but we got SO MUCH STUFF!

After doing that and relaxing a bit, my parents and Davis had to hit the road so that they didn't get home too late since they had work and school the next day. I was sad to say goodbye since we don't know the next time we will see them. Definitely when Jane gets here, but nothing is set in stone. Mr. Hunt and I had to catch our flight around 6pm, so we packed up and headed that way.

Of course I wish we could have stayed longer, but I'm so glad that we got to see both sides of the family. I know its hard to always be able to do that since they don't live in the same state, but its nice knowing they will make sacrifices and travel a bit to be able to squeeze in family time with us. I love Texas and everything, but I'm counting down the days until we can be closer to family. Not sure when that will ever be, but I pray about it every day and night and one day I know it will happen.

Until then, these small trips will have to do. Its scary to think that the next time we have planned to be that way is all the way in April. I'm comforted in knowing that we will definitely see family before then since everyone will be coming to see Jane, but not only do I miss family....I miss South and North Carolina too.

Love,
Carolina Girl at Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting