Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A New Floor

Well kinda. I got a new rug for the living room.
Honestly this rug thing has been going on for a long long time. First of all, rugs are expensive so I want to make sure I get a good deal and that I also get something that I like because the last thing I want to happen is to spend a whole lot of money on something that I will want to get rid of in a few months.
So I decided a while ago that I was just going to wait for the right rug to find me. Well, of course I searched, it didn't really find me. When I say searched, I mean it! I looked all the time. If I ever had free time, I was looking for a rug.
I wanted to make sure that I had a rug that would define the living room space since the living room technically shares the space with the dining. A rug would define the two spaces.
I told myself in the beginning that normal 5X8 rugs are around $300, so anything significantly under that would be good. I think that is a good way to find a deal. Make sure you know what a normally priced item is so that you know when you see a deal. For example, I will buy a pillow that is under $20 if I really like it. Anything over $20 is too much for me.
Anyway, back to the rug. I finally found it. I literally screamed out loud after buying it and I think Mr. Hunt is a little confused why I can't stop talking about it. Come one! I got a great deal. Listen, the rug was $175...for a 5X8! Yes ma'am (or sir)! To top it off, I love it!
So here is the before of the living room. Definitely in need of some rug loving. Also, please excuse the mess.



And here it is...THE rug!



Now the room certainly isn't done. Here are some things I have to finish.
Change out the art above the couch: Those don't match the new addition (rug)
Put some matching pillows on the couch, not this nasty blue ones
Decide if I need a rug under the dining room table too or if it will just clash, and get one if the answer is yes!

But for now, I keep walking by and glancing over to the room, and loving it.

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the rug! It is so cute!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting