Monday, January 9, 2012

Lazy 5

If you live anywhere near Charlotte, you absolutely need to go to the Lazy 5 Ranch. If you don't, come visit us and we will go with you. Seriously, you don't have to love animals like I do to enjoy this.
Ill let the pictures explain everything but basically you just drive your car through this zoo and the large-and-in-charge (What is wrong with me? Why did I just say that? That's embarrassing!) animals come up to your window and eat out of your hand. Yep, you heard that right!
One thing we learned as rookies is that next time we will go in a truck so that we can have full range of petting and feeding the animals. We were in Rachel's car so it was a little hard to stretch our arms out all the way.
These pictures we taken by Rachel. We did this before I even got my new camera in early October. Yeah, this post is a little late, but worth it.

See this (whatever it is) coming up to the car? That's Mr. Hunt's hand out the window getting ready to feed him.

OK, the ostriches were actually the most scary of all the animals. I didn't feed them but they were very aggressive, never mind just plain ole scary looking (to me). One tried to take the whole bucket of food with him. And never mind trying to feed him out of your hand. I hear that it hurts when they peck your hand away while trying to get food. Yeah, we tried to pass them after that encounter.


The giraffes were one of my favorite parts. We had to stick our whole bodies out of the sun roof of Rachel's car so that we could reach them, but it was so cool! This is me reaching as high as I could to feed him/her (not sure what gender it was).


Then I tried to get in the picture with it which involved me stretching my own neck as high as I could and at the same time hoping that Mr. Giraffe would bend down a little. It worked...kinda.


Wow, look at him! Isn't this awesome? Maybe pictures don't do it justice. You just have to go.


Rachel and I were pretty much like little 10 year olds that had never been out of the house. At least I was, and Rachel seemed to be the same way.


Sometimes the animals didn't understand that we still had to drive on the path. They were just excited for the food. I don't blame them, but we had to maneuver some scary moves (like almost in a ditch) to get around theses guys.


Yeah, this guys was very funny. As soon as we drove up and stuck our hand out with food, they tilted their heads back and stuck their tongues out like so.... And it was more than one of them. I think it might have gone a little something like this. One guy did it one day and it worked. The others thought "oh, that's smart, looks like he gets a lot of food that way, I'm going to try it." Then they tried it too and learned that indeed, it was a good idea. From then on, they all did it. I mean that has to be how it all went down because we all know that in the wild, they don't eat like that. All the other animals ate out of our hand the same way they would eat off the ground...normally.




OK, so we may have broken the rules a bit on the Zebra thing. They told us in the beginning not to feed the zebra or anything with horns. So we definitely knew what a zebra looked like, but anything with horns was a little vague if you ask me. I mean some of the little innocent deer had horns (or antlers I guess). So we broke the rules, and to be honest, so did everyone else. We fed the zebra and everything with horns and so did everyone else. The zebra were by far the prettiest of all the animals we saw. And yes, he loved Mr. Hunt. He stuck his entire head into the car to see Mr. Hunt. I'm not sure but he may have kissed Mr. Hunt (no, he didn't, but that would have been awesome).


No, this isn't zoomed in. That's just how close he got to Rachel and her camera. Awesome and kinda scary right?


Here is some other kind of animal that liked Mike (kind of looks like a donkey). He stuck his whole head in too. These animals weren't shy or scared whatsoever of people.


Here I am again, looking more like a 5 year old than a 10 year old this time. I seriously smiled like this the whole time we were there. And just in 5 or 10 year old fashion, I was exhausted when we left. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the way home.


Here is the pretty zebra again.


See this thing has horns, but I fed him! oops!


And this thing had horns too. When I saw horns, I mean HORNS!!! What would have happened if this guy stuck his head in the car sideways and then got stuck trying to pull his head out. That would have been bad!


Here's another tongue guy. They were fun!


And another animal trying to stick his head in. Maybe they wanted us to take them home? That would have been cool. If I could take one home it would either have been one of the pot belly pigs or one of the giraffes. There wasn't an elephant or I would have picked that.


Here is me an a zebra. So purty!



Annnd now Rach looks like she is 5 too. Phew, I'm not the only one. haha


Here we are again, looking like we may pee our pants we were so excited. I kind of feel bad for the guys now looking back at these pictures. They had to deal with our screeching and high pitched squeals about every animal that passed or came close to the car.


So that was fun, if you couldn't tell by all my captions. Seriously, you should go. I will definitely be going back soon. 

Love,
A 25 year old woman who tends to act like a 7 year old girl while around animals 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting