Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Decorations GONE

Wow! Its the end of January and I'm just now sharing this information. So that you don't have a heart attack thinking that the Christmas decorations are just now being put away, don't jump to conclusions.
You see, the decorations themselves came down pretty quickly, even before the new year, but I wanted to organize them so that next Christmas it was a little easier to find things. This caused for a little delay in actually putting everything away.
You see, as we started collecting and buying more and more Christmas decorations we just threw them in these old boxes. But the boxes have started to get a little more old and run down. They definitely weren't going to last another year, not to mention the boxes were overflowing.


So off to Target I went to get some matching heavy duty boxes to put everything in. Hannah thought they were tasty and I thought they would get the job done.


I was slightly wrong. They seemed a lot bigger in the store then they actually were. I couldn't even put one box of Christmas wine glasses in the box.


So I went all the way back to Target and got another matching purple box, came home and it sat there for another few days. Then this past week when I was sick, I finally packed them all up and had Mr. Hunt haul them up to the attic. I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of the finished product but my sick self just wanted it to be over with and finished without me throwing up all over it. Too much? Sorry. Plus, you can imagine three big purple boxes stacked to the brim with green and red decorations right? OK, good. But before that, I had to reorganize all the tree ornaments.
I took all the ornaments off the tree and realized that the little Tupperware that we had them in this past time was way too small and I didn't want any ornaments to be crammed in there and possibly break. So while at Target getting the big purple boxes, I also picked up one big Tupperware box.



The Tupperware in the picture below was the too small one already filled up with only half the ornaments.


While putting them all in their new box, I decided that I had to share some of them. We all know Mr. Hunt doesn't read this blog so he will never know that I put those pictures on here of him. Sneaky I know, but he is just too cute to pass up. Look at his cute little face in 1990 when he was 5 years old.


I think this next one is my favorite. Its from 1992 when he was 7 years old. Look at that toothless grin.


My favorite part of this ornament has to be the back when he signed his name and put the year. I love how the apostrophe for the year is backwards...he tried!


** Side Note: Sorry I don't have any pictures of me when I was little at the moment. My mother still has all of my child ornaments for her tree so most of our ornaments are Mr. Hunt's, and I love that. The tree makes  me smile. I will share any baby pictures of myself that I may come across in the future.**

Once I had them in the new box, they all fit perfectly and were ready to be packed away in the bigger purple box.


So now, I'm ready for next year. No taking down broken ripped boxes with decorations thrown everywhere and not in order. Everything has a place (or a box) and the ornaments are all snug in a box and not crammed.
Again, I know this is late, but I had to share some of the organization I started with this year. Its a step.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting