Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas/Birthday with Family Part II

The main reason we went down to Bluffton this past weekend was to visit with my Aunt Lisa (moms sister). She usually comes down for Christmas, but the timing was off this Christmas for her to be able to take off work, so she came down this past week to visit with family.
We all got together again at Grandma's for football and food, but we also incorporated a little birthday surprise for my brother Dylan and his best friend Zach. Dylan turned 21 on December 20th and Zach on January 5th.
It worked out that Dylan and Zach were running late because we decided to hide and jump out with the cake when they came looking for us in the house. It of course wasn't a total surprise to them since they knew we were all there and all of our cars were in the driveway, but they had no idea there was a cake or that we were hiding.
Whenever our family gets together its never a bad or dull time. Is it for any family? Probably not.
One tradition that our family has on Christmas is to take a "girls" picture and a "boys" picture. My grandmother has them all hanging in her laundry room and they go all the way back from before I was born so I love looking at them. Its fun to see how the family changes over the years and to see who joins the family and when. This years photos weren't an exception to a fun and crazy time.


The girls. (Apparently my mom and I didn't get the wear-all-black memo)


Crazy picture


This is a great picture of us all laughing. Who are we laughing at? My mom of course! She was overly excited about the crazy picture above which made everyone in the room burst into laughter and some tears. But I love how Mr. Hunt captured the moment.


One more attempt at a crazy picture



My awesome, handsome brothers!


Then it was time for the Boys picture. They boys all had to huddle around grandpa since he couldn't move.


I love to see my grandpa smile!


The boys!


The boys weren't as good as the crazy thing as the girls were. Does that mean something? On another note, please take a look at my dad! Wow, he look the crazy thing seriously. haha



So yeah, this is my family in a nut shell. NUTS! But I love each and every single one of them more than anything!

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting