Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Update in the Family Room

Ill have to take better pictures when it is light outside, but I couldn't wait to share. Awhile ago, I couldn't decide what to do with the huge blank wall in the family room. I finally came up with 5 square frames with fabric in them. I loved it. The pictures below only have 4 of the frames because I got too excited to start the transformation and took one down before remembering to take a before picture.



Also, please excuse the messy room. That media cabinet thing has got to go. I can't stand the cords everywhere.

I bought that big teal vase at Marshall's a few weeks ago and I decided on a new color scheme for the room, which meant that the pictures had to change. I ran over to Michael's and grabbed some scrapbook paper in the colors that I want in the room and threw them in the frames. I got this....




I actually like it! I like how the white matting ties in with the white fireplace and the colors will eventually tie in with everything else in the room. The picture doesn't do the colors justice though, but there is a navy, a plum purple, a bright green, a kelly green, and a teal. These are the colors that I have in mind for the room. So I have a few more things to do to get it the way I want, but this is a good start.
I still need to....
get a new media cabinet (A MUST, I can't stand this one)
sew pillow covers in these colors
get new curtains
spruce up the lamp shade

and a few others but that will be the start of it. Wish me luck...and of course I will update as I go.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting