Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How I Feel About Pregnancy 4 Months Later

So if you've been reading my blog since I became pregnant, you know that I didn't enjoy my experience too well. I didn't have any major complications, but I just didn't enjoy it. I know some mommies talk about how much they LOVED being pregnant, it was an amazing experience and they would do it a thousand times over. That wasn't me. At all. I think my idea of being pregnant was just that I was finally going to get the sweet little baby that I was waiting patiently for. I never really thought about what it was going to be like growing and carrying around a little baby with me 24/7. I could go on and on about all the not so fun things about pregnancy, but that's not what this post is about. I wrote about all those things in my weekly updates while pregnant so that I can remember for next time. This post is to tell you how I feel about pregnancy now.

When I see any pregnant women these days, my heart melts, my eyes well up in tears, and I just want to go hug her. I know what shes going through, but mainly I am so excited for her to experience what I did in a new little baby. Even if they already have a little one and its not their first, I still just picture them holding  their new baby in a few short months staring at them in love. Weird? Kinda? I understand, but I just cant help it.

I saw this and pinned it on Pinterest.


I will definitely do this next pregnancy. How awesome of God to allow me to carry and help create a little miracle for Him? As much as I had a rough time enjoying myself this past time, I can honestly say that I cannot wait to be pregnant again. Don't worry, we aren't planning on getting pregnant again for awhile, but I will do my best next time to enjoy the fact that God chose me to have a body healthy enough to do this. It truly is a miracle. I know what to expect next time, I know how it all goes.

Not only do I long to be pregnant again every time I see a pregnant woman, I also long for Jane to be tiny again. I feel like I rushed her to do all these things and grow up. "Oh, I cant wait for her to smile, I cant wait for her to hold her head up by herself, I cant wait for her to play with her toys." I messed up. Now she is getting big so fast, and I want her small again. Good thing I took tons of pictures! I'm not saying that Jane was my guinea pig and next baby Ill be 100% better. That's not it. But I will certainly try my hardest to enjoy every moment more knowing how fast it really does go by.

Any of you ladies out there that are still pregnant or have a new little baby...enjoy it. SOAK IT IN! And if you are trying to get pregnant, please know that it really does fly by. All the months that we tried to get pregnant, I wasted worrying all the time. I was being selfish. Just know that in God's time you will be blessed with a miracle. Its a long and crazy ride being pregnant, and a HUGE blur those first few months with a baby, but do your best to slow time down. I know I will next time.

Starting RIGHT NOW, I will take my days slower. Enjoy Jane just the way she is right this moment. I encourage you mommies to do that to.

Love,
Jennifer Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting