Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Anniversary Cake

Its been a year and a half since Mr. Hunt and I's wedding. I know all of you were wondering why I never shared us eating our one year anniversary cake right? Oh....you weren't? Well lets just pretend you were.

After our wedding in Hilton Head, Mr. Hunt and I went back to Charlotte without the cake. We left it in my parent's freezer. Then we moved to Texas. There was no way that cake could make it to Texas alive so we left it where it was. So when our anniversary came up, we didn't have the cake. We debated going out in search for a coconut cake with key lime frosting, but never did.

Since then we have only been back to my parents a handful of times, but we kept forgetting to eat it. I guess it wasn't on our priority list. Plus, my mom and I are EXACTLY the same in that if we don't write something down, then it doesn't stay in our brains.

So, this past time we went to Charlotte, I wrote down three different places to remind my mom to write down in three different places to bring the cake. Somehow we both remembered and the cake was brought!

Can you believe that in the midst of all the fun that was going on, we almost forgot to eat it? We ended up cutting into it just an hour before we had to leave for the airport to return home. So it wasn't so romantic to say the least. We just tried it to say that we did.


It didn't look as beautiful as it did on our wedding day, but that's what happens when its been in the freezer for over a year I guess



Mr. Hunt did the honors of cutting into it.



Looking good



Mr. Hunt is a little weird about food going bad and whats refrigerated and whats not, so this was terrifying to him. I wasn't scared. Its CAKE people.


The verdict? It was tasty. The cake part was a little dry and I think it may have still been a little frozen. The icing was just as good as it was on day one. The main thing was that we were reminiscing about that wonderful day while also looking at what God has given us in the short year and a half. He's presented us with alot, but mainly little Jane. God is good.


Love,
Wife of a year and a half

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting