Thursday, September 29, 2011

Be Creative

So since I have been back to reality from the wedding, I have been kind of bored. I don't really have anything to constantly be looking over, doing, thinking about, etc. So I have thought about a new hobby.
Now, let me tell you one thing. I don't necessarily have the time for another hobby, so I had to choose wisely. This doesn't mean that what I chose will work out, or that I will definitely have time for it, but we will see. Working Monday through Friday and being away from home all those days from 7am to 6pm, doesn't really give me any extra time.
I have decided to be more crafty! I want to make things of my own. I absolutley cannot draw and I wouldnt really call myself artistic by all means, but whenever I take part in crafts (every other blue moon), I end up LOVING it.
So, I want to learn how to sew with a sewing machine. When I brought the idea up to Mr. Hunt, he said that I couldnt buy one until I learned how to use it. Well, how am I supposed to learn how to use one, if I dont have one? I guess I will have to come up with something. Now, I do understand where he is coming from, only becausee I have, on many occassions, thought I really wanted something. Come to find out, once I got it, I only used it a few times. I dont think that will be the case with the sewing machine though. Apparently, it isnt too hard to learn how to use, and there are endless things that I could create!

I also want to continue to save my family money. I have been doing a great OK job with the couponing, but I think I can do more.
Mr. Hunt and I have alot of random pieces of furniture and other items around the house that we arent using at the moment. Mainly because we dont have a use for it or it doesnt match any color scheme in any room. Well, I have a plan. Im going to revamp some of these items, and put them to use, incuding a table for my crafts.

Im very excited for my little adventure and I really hope it turns into a fun hobby. Ill keep you updated on the things I try to accomplish. I already have some plans for this weekend.
In the meantime, if you happen to have a sewing machine that you arent currently using, can I borrow it, and maybe even eventually buy it from you? That would be amazing!

See you around,
J. Hunt

2 comments:

The Owino's said...

Hey your post sounds like my life recently! I have heard that the best sewing machines are Brother and if you want to do any monogramming it is best to get a sewing machine/ embroidery one. I have seen a lot of ebay. You can almost always find some that are barely used, because like you said a lot of times people buy them and dont ever use them. I also know that you only usually use 1-3 stitches. I know where we live in Clemson there is a place that offers sewing classes. Maybe there is something like that in your area to see if you like it. I have a lot of friends that sew and I want to do it so bad. You can do great things and enjoy it at the same time. If you are thinking kids in the near future their are endless opportunities to sew! Also I don't know if you are on Pinterest or not, but it is a great site with lots of great things on it as far as sewing, cooking, and re- doing furniture, crafts, decorating etc. Sorry I just wrote you a book but I love following you blog, and congrats on your marriage!:)

Unknown said...

Hayley!

Thanks so much! Im glad to know you are following my blog. I AM on pinterest. I just joined nad I saw you follow me there too. I looked through all of your pins and I repinned some.
I am definitley thinking kids SOON so that really is the main reason I want to sew. Thanks for all of the advice. Im so excited!
Do you have a blog?

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting