Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reception=Party

Our reception was one of a kind. I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time (I would hope). But from what I remember and all the pictures, I am assuming my thoughts are correct.
After the ceremony, Mr. Hunt and I and the bridal party rode over in a limo to and took a whole bunch of pictures while everyone else enjoyed the cocktail hour.
I will blog about this later, but just wanted to mention that I had the best bridal party in the world! Everyone got along so well, and the boys were a silly mess!






(I love my (new) sister)
Then once everyone was seated we were all announced and danced our way into the reception. Immediately following was Mr. Hunt and I's first dance.



Then we sat down to eat. While everyone was eating we had the toasts, which were very touching and made me cry of course! I love my maids of honor and my brother-in-law!



Then we had the father/daughter and mother/son dances. Again, very sweet.


Then we cut the very yummy cake that had our furbabies on the top as cake toppers.



Finally after all the mushy, yet very nice stuff, it was time to party.
I think it is safe to say that at least 98% of the people at the reception danced at one point, and most the whole time. You know I loved that. There is nothing else that can make me more happy than to see our friends and family all on the dance floor having a blast and that's exactly what I saw.



One thing that I am noticing more now after seeing all different peoples pictures is that both families were mingling so well. There are pictures of members of my family dancing with members of Mr. Hunts family, and every single one of those makes my heart melt! I even danced with my new brother! We tried to remember all the dance steps we learned from taking lessons for his wedding two years ago.


I love my friends!



And have I mentioned before how much I love love love my little flower girls?



In the middle of all the fun, we did the bouquet and grader toss. I almost took Katies head off with the bouquet I think. Sorry Katie!



My cousin Jamie caught the bouquet, and her brother Chad caught the garder....kind of strange, but funny!



Then after dancing the night away, it was time to go! I remember being so sad! But we ran through and tunnel of sparklers which made me a little happier!
On a side note: my Mom and Dad busted their busts for a whole year putting this wedding together. I will blog more about this later, but it isn't easy to beautify a blank empty pavilion. It's alot easier to decorate a pretty ballroom. They pulled it off. Over half the decor was a total surprise to me and I loved every single detail!
I wish we could go back to that night again, because like the ceremony, it went by too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting