Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Stolen Camera

So I have been wanting a really good camera for a while now. I told Mr. Hunt that I definitely wanted one before we have kids so that I could have the best quality pictures of them from the day they are born. Mr. Hunt used to work at Best Buy for a little bit in college in the camera department so he knows which ones are good. All I knew is that I wanted a digital SLR.
Well long story short, Mr. Hunt surprised me with one on our wedding night! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited! Even a little nervous, because once I opened that camera and took my first picture, I was a little scared that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself on the honeymoon because I would be constantly taking pictures!
So for more than half of the trip, I was taking amazing pictures. Mr. Hunt and I would look through them almost every night before we went to bed and talk about how good they turned out and how good the quality was.
On Saturday night, 2 days before we were supposed to leave, I accidentally left the camera on a ledge in one of the restaurants. We were there until the restaurant closed, and I still wanted dessert, so we ordered our dessert to go. I was so concentrated on the yummy dessert, that I carried both plates away, and left the camera.
When I finally noticed that it was gone, I panicked. I tore the room apart looking for it and almost started to cry when I couldn't find it. I remembered that I left it on that ledge a the restaurant because I even said to Mr. Hunt, "don't let me forget the camera," as I set it down, I just couldnt remember if I carried it back with me with the desserts or not, that was the question.
We went straight to the restaurant and asked if they found the camera and they said no. I even went over the the ledge thinking that maybe they didn't see it and it wasn't there. Again, I was almost in tears. After checking with the front desk and the concierge and have them say, "usually those things are turned in right away," I finally broke down.
I was so upset. So many things were making me sad. The fact that I have wanted that camera for so long and Mr. Hunt finally bought it for me. The fact that Mr. Hunt surprised me with it on our wedding night. Most importantly out honeymoon pictures were now lost!
The pictures we lost include:
Fur babies on the red couch from the wedding
Zip-lining in the jungle
Horse back riding in the ocean
Mr. Hunt and I every night out to dinner
The kitten I met at a restaurant
amazing pictures of the resort
and many many more
As I kept thinking about all the pictures we lost, I kept getting more and more sad. I remember thinking I havent been this sad in a very long time. It seems so silly to literally cry for 2 hours straight over a stupid camera, but MY HONEYMOON PICTURES.....you cant get those back! Mr. Hunt didn't even get mad at me for being upset that long. For a whole 2 hours I didn't want to do anything but look for the camera. I couldn't relax and have a good time thinking about who would do such a thing. At one point, Mr. Hunt called and just said he wanted the camera chip back, and that was it. He just wanted the pictures.
How did I finally get over it you ask? Well, one, I couldn't cry and pout for the rest of my honeymoon, that wouldn't be fun to look back on. But the main thing was when I thought about the people Mr. Hunt and I met on the plane down there.
We met a couple on the plane that were headed to the same resort as us, and got married on thesame day as us, but the past few days had been very rough for them. At a time where you are supposed to be most happy in your life, they had some things happen to them that I wouldn't wish upon anyone, let alone a couple who had just got married.
They shared with us that the grooms dad got stabbed by their cow in the leg the Wednesday before their wedding, but miraculously he was able to make it to the wedding. Then the day after the wedding, they had only ONE HOUR to collect everything valuable from their house along with both of their parents houses and siblings houses, and let their cattle free before all of their houses burned down in the Texas fire. Yes, you heard me right, they were on the plane with us on their way to their honeymoon, and their house, along with their parents and siblings houses, all burned down the day before.
I know this is awful, but when I would get sad about my camera, I would just think about all that they lost, and I would feel better that it was JUST a camera, and not my house and everything in it. Yes, they were having fun on their honeymoon, but they had something horrible to go home to at some point.
Also, my awesome, loving, husband ran around the resort and tried to retake all the pictures he could remember that I had (besides the excursions that we couldn't re-do) with his camera on the iPhone.
So, when you see our pictures from the honeymoon, they aren't great quality, but at least we have something. I am thankful for that. I still have tons of pictures from his phone nad our iPad to upload onto facebook. Mine are already on there. I am also happy to think that whoever stole the camera will have something coming to them, especially because after viewing the pictures, it was very obvious we were on our honeymoon, and they still were OK with stealing those away from someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting