Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Ceremony

The ceremony was beautiful. I know I'm bias, but it was one of the best ceremonies I've ever been too. It was so personal and tailored to fit Mr. Hunt and I perfectly.
Our pastor, Mr. Lindsey wanted to make sure we met with him a few times before the wedding so that he could get to know us. At first 4 meeting sounded like alot, but I'm glad we did because we felt we all knew eachother pretty well. He even took us to the boat house for lunch the Thursday before the wedding.
Our ceremony wasn't like all others I've been too. Our bridal party even stood in two different spots throughout. After I walked down the aisle with my dad, and he gave me away, we all sat down, bridal party and us included. I've never seen anyone sit down like that but I actually liked it. It made it so we could really concentrate and listen to the readings and what Mr. Lindsey had to say.
After that we exchanged the rings like normal. My favorite thing was that we didn't say the same exact vows. We didn't make up our own, we used the ones in the book of common prayer, but what Mr. Hunt said and what I said was totally different. It seemed more real like that and not so robotic.


(we don't have many good ceremony pictures until we get ones from the photographer)
After the rings, we actually kneeled down and Mr. Lindsey said a prayer and blessed our rings. It was very special.



Then he pronounced us and we kissed! Wooooooo! "I now present Mr. And Mrs. Christopher Hunt!!!" yayyyyy!!!



Then we ran off into the sunset...not really but that's what it felt like!
Our ceremony was perfect for us, we wouldn't have done it any other way.
When people say that it goes by fast, they really mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting