Thursday, September 22, 2011

Furbabies at grandparents

My parents were so helpful to take our furbabies and watch them while we were on our honeymoon.
I wasn't worried because the furbabies love Bluffton. I knew they wouldn't be too much of a handful only because they are usually so tired just from a two day weekend, that I knew they wouldnt be as hyper as they are when they first get there. As it was, we were in Bluffton for almost a whole week before we left anyway, and when we did leave, they were already exhausted!
A few funny stories:
My family knows that the furbabies sleep with us so they said they would take turns sleeping with them so that they didn't get sad.
My dad spent one night with them and said he would never do that again. He said that they laid ontop of the blankets and he felt like a burrito and couldn't move. Also that any small movement, they would wake up and move around thinking it was time to wake up!
Davis thought he would try to have them sleep in his room with him and Charlie (family furbaby). He quickly said that wasn't a good idea, especially for a school night. He said that Hannah kept trying to drink out of the toilet. She also somehow escaped and ran into my patents room in the middle of the night. When my mom brought her back upstairs, she saw River had escaped too. He was in Dylans room, sitting patiently by his bed while he was sleeping and staring at the cookie he had on the night stand! I laughed when I heard that because I totally believe it all.
So my mom ended up having to sleep with them the other nights, and she said she actually got some good sleep. I was happy to hear that.
Besides that, and them constantly wanting to swim in the marsh and track marsh mud everywhere, and Hannah eating a whole bush, they were good!
The way home was a different story. We had the car packed to the gills with luggage and gifts. We had to leave alot of gifts in Bluffton because they wouldn't all fit. Somehow someway Hannah still got to the front! Mr. Hunt even tried tying her leash to something in the back, and she broke free!








Looks like we will need to buy one of those gates that block the back from the front!
When we finally got home, exhausted doesn't even come close to explaining how tired the furbabies were. I actually got a little worried that they were sick or something because they just laid there.
After a small treat



They were done!








I have never seen River in this position. He must have been so tired...poor guy!
All in all, I know they had a good time at their grandparents. I thought that they would be excited to see us when we got home, but they weren't. That goes to show you how much fun they must have had.
Thanks mom and dad for keeping them with you for so long and loving them like we do. They can't wait to come back to Bluffton next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting