Friday, February 26, 2010

Big Sis Responsibilities

This past weekend, Mr. Hunt and I went home to Bluffton to visit. It is so nice now that we both have the weekends off together so that we can do small weekend trips like this. Usually we decide to hit the road only a few days before we go, nothing is really ever planned that far in advance.
So in the middle of last week, Mr. Hunt and I were discussing what we wanted to do for the weekend. I suggested since we didn't have much to do here in Charlotte, that we go home for the weekend and see my family. It was Davis' 13th birthday too. Last year, we surprised Davis by showing up for his birthday, so I wanted to start a tradition of surprising him. Of course last year someone spilled the beans that we were coming, and again this year Dylan couldn't keep his mouth shut. Oh well, we tried.
When I called my mom to tell her we were coming, she informed me that her and my dad were going to a concert in Myrtle Beach for the weekend and wouldn't be there. I was sad to think I wouldn't see them, but we planned to go anyway.
Dylan, my 19 year old brother has been having a few friends over every weekend to have a fire in the backyard and spend the night. My mom warned me that they get a little crazy sometimes, but everything should be fine.
Saturday night came around and he and his friends were such angels. They stayed outside most of the night, while Mr. Hunt and I and some of my friends stayed inside. I really didn't want to know what they were doing out there anyway. He had about 15 people over at once, but only 5 or so spent the night and even came in the house. I have to admit, I was worried that something was going to happen, after all he is my little brother. I think I mentioned in a previous blog that I am just always worried that my brothers are safe and happy.
Everything went well. Dylan and his friend even sang happy birthday to Davis at midnight and even a few more times in the night.
The weekend was a lot of fun. Mr. Hunt and Davis got to play a round of golf.
I took Davis to Best Buy to buy a video game for his bday
We ate at Five Guys for dinner
My parents came home early Sunday to see us
My grandparents came over Sunday for Davis' bday celebration
We ate KFC (which I forgot how good it really was)
(the only bad thing was the girl hitting my car)

I love when I get to go see my family. This weekend we will relax, take the dogs to the dog park, go see our house, and go to Trevor Hall's concert. Updates on all of that next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Love- J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting