Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Summer Time

It is way too cold outside for me. I don't like cold at all. I wish it were 75 and sunny, year round. Maybe I need to move somewhere like that. I guess it is good for winter to come around, so when summer is here, it is so much more exciting.
Of course summertime was so much better when I was in school too, because I didn't have any work to do. I could go to the pool or beach everyday if I felt like it.
Even though I will be working Monday through Friday, I'm am going to be outside every weekend. I even like summer thunderstorms.
My goal for this summer is to learn to water ski. Believe me or not but even growing up in Hilton Head, I never learned to water ski. I just liked the tubing, still do.
Last summer I tried to water ski when I was with Mr. Hunt's family in Beaufort. They all can water ski very well, and I personally thought it looked so easy. Ask them, but I think I tried at least 40 times to get up. I kept falling and it was so frustrating. By the end I was just tired I think and couldn't pull myself up.
In my head I think it would be fun to be gliding across the water. Maybe I can learn some jumps and cool maneuvers. I need to learn the basics though first.
On the coldest days of the winter, I just think about the sun, sand, salt water, smell of sunscreen, packed lunches in coolers, bathing suits, wet dogs, towels, and tans. Then my days instantly becomes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting